Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #11
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

I've heard that if you select Spanish, it's easier to get someone at an American call center who happens to be bilingual with English as their first language. I don't know how true it is, but it's an idea.

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 11:56 AM   #12
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dish network charged me 2x(super huge vent)

I won't vent too much about that scam of a company but lets put it this way...I had to get in contact with the PRESIDENT of the compnay to get back our money and they completly cancelled outs without the fees.
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #13
SillyLily
Registered Users
seller
seller

We had serious issues with them when we cancelled our service. We returned our equipment, but they charged us $800 for it anyways. We had proof it had been delivered. They canceled the hold the charge, but not the actual charge, then charged us again 2 weeks later. So $1600 total for a box and dish that were 6 years old. It took 6 weeks to get all of the money back. If you look at your contract for either dish network or the other dish service, the contract specifically says they can charge your account without prior permission for fees/charges they seem necessary. It was insane.
Like to travel? Travel deals referral link.
SillyLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #14
4ShoreRN
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMushie View Post
Wait, they can just take money from your account without authorizing it with you first? That's scary. And here I thought Time Warner and Directv were pains in the butts.
This is terrible, I'm so sorry. It's going to take forever to get that money back if they just snatched it from your bank account. I would seriously consider using checks from now on, since it doesn't give scummy companies access to your account.
They can still take money out if they have the routing and check account number. They just give a generic check number like one company did 9999. I had to get a totally different checking account to stop the transactions. Heck US Bank even took money from my husband's account and put it in my account to pay off the balance of fees caused by a fraudulent charge overdrawing the account and them refusing to freeze the account.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #15
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have a dark place in my heart for Comcast.
Good luck Mama.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #16
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, we have DirecTV and I want to cancel desperately but I'm scared to. Right now they have my old debit card on file, so that when we DO cancel, they can try to suck money out all they want, but won't be able to. You have to keep records of everything with these companies because they want to screw you any way they can!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #17
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy
Yeah, we have DirecTV and I want to cancel desperately but I'm scared to. Right now they have my old debit card on file, so that when we DO cancel, they can try to suck money out all they want, but won't be able to. You have to keep records of everything with these companies because they want to screw you any way they can!
If it helps at all to calm worries, our split from Direct wasn't bad at all. I mean, yeah they try to really sell you on the best promotion EVAAAR! to keep you, but as long as you send the boxes within X time, it'll be ok ime. They don't want the dish back.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #18
beckyc
Registered Users

So MANY scammed by dish!

I second what Dory said about asking for Spanish CSAs when you want American CSAs only.
beckyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #19
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory View Post
If it helps at all to calm worries, our split from Direct wasn't bad at all. I mean, yeah they try to really sell you on the best promotion EVAAAR! to keep you, but as long as you send the boxes within X time, it'll be ok ime. They don't want the dish back.
Well that is reassuring! We are going to break the contract once our promotional pricing is up and pay the ETF. I've just heard horror stories about them charging your card on file out the wazoo, so when my debit card expired, I kept it on file and have been paying with a different card when I pay my bill. Our promo pricing is up in August so I think I will start sending in money orders so they can't turn around and use the info off the card I've been using!!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #20
Mack
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMushie View Post
Wait, they can just take money from your account without authorizing it with you first? That's scary. And here I thought Time Warner and Directv were pains in the butts.
This is terrible, I'm so sorry. It's going to take forever to get that money back if they just snatched it from your bank account. I would seriously consider using checks from now on, since it doesn't give scummy companies access to your account.
This is a good reason to always use a credit card for automatic payments. You can always dispute the charges.
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote