Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
Angel89411
Banned

This may be waaaay off base as I do not know her or the exact level of crazy but, my first thought was I'd be wary when there is nothing actually "wrong" with her daughter. She seems to like playing up the attention of her daughter being sick. I'd worry about where that could go. But as I said, I don't know what her kind of crazy is and we all know there are all kinds.

Advertisement

Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #12
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmightyme
I'm surprised the EMT's took her to the hospital in an ambulance for hives. This is very sad. That is why we have such long wait times in ER's.
They can't refuse to take anyone to the hospital. They call for an ambulance and wanna go, they go. I hear about it a lot. They won't go all out with sirens and such but they can't refuse.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #13
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: This really grinds my gears

I am afraid to ask how that is all going to be paid for. Most folks have some sort of ER co pay and ambulance co pay too. She's probably wracked up like $500 minimum in co pays. Our ER co pay is $200, if we went 3 times in one week that's $600 just for the ER!!!
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #14
Gabe'sMommy
Registered Users

I work I an ER. EMT's here cannot refuse transport. One night shift they show up with this idiot with a toothache. Paramedic asked him what he thought they would do for him. He said "they'll have to get a dentist in to see me" at which point he was informed that we only call a dentist for an actual dental emergency (which a toothache is not!) And that they dont actually come to the er. He still made them bring him in. :bang head:
Gabe'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #15
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe'sMommy
I work I an ER. EMT's here cannot refuse transport. One night shift they show up with this idiot with a toothache. Paramedic asked him what he thought they would do for him. He said "they'll have to get a dentist in to see me" at which point he was informed that we only call a dentist for an actual dental emergency (which a toothache is not!) And that they dont actually come to the er. He still made them bring him in. :bang head:
Lol - we took my DH into the ER for tooth pain. *hide*

It wasn't just regular tooth pain, though. And it was like 3am. It was a cray abscesses infection he hadn't been taking care of (bc he wasn't insured for dental and he's a stubborn *** about self care), and he was in so much pain that he was literally shaking and sobbing. Which is nowhere near like him. He only consented to go in bc I dragged him. They gave him antibiotics and a shot of novacaine (I think?) and had him call a dental surgeon the next day to get the tooth removed. It was epic.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #16
paper_girl_76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
I am afraid to ask how that is all going to be paid for. Most folks have some sort of ER co pay and ambulance co pay too. She's probably wracked up like $500 minimum in co pays. Our ER co pay is $200, if we went 3 times in one week that's $600 just for the ER!!!
lol, when the kids had state healthcare, we didn't even consider these costs...sure do now that we have private ins...
Old 05-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #17
DallasK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Let's hope she has private insurance and will learn her lesson once she gets the bills. I would be worried about going to the er because there are so many germs her daughter may get something worse than she came in with.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #18
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasK View Post
Let's hope she has private insurance and will learn her lesson once she gets the bills. I would be worried about going to the er because there are so many germs her daughter may get something worse than she came in with.
She's on Medicaid so I'm pretty sure she won't ever see a bill.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #19
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaSueCongdon

Lol - we took my DH into the ER for tooth pain. *hide*

It wasn't just regular tooth pain, though. And it was like 3am. It was a cray abscesses infection he hadn't been taking care of (bc he wasn't insured for dental and he's a stubborn *** about self care), and he was in so much pain that he was literally shaking and sobbing. Which is nowhere near like him. He only consented to go in bc I dragged him. They gave him antibiotics and a shot of novacaine (I think?) and had him call a dental surgeon the next day to get the tooth removed. It was epic.
Same here. And I was within a few days of my due date with DS2. The pain had him on the floor and I dragged him in. I was scared the infection would make it into his blood stream.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #20
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post

She's on Medicaid so I'm pretty sure she won't ever see a bill.
Medicaid can and will deny services if overused and not deemed emergency worthy. For example: When pregnant I went in for bleeding. Turned out to be ovarian cysts that had gotten uppity over the pregnancy. I got instructed to follow up with my OB. I ended up having crippling pain and bleeding the same week, and you know how pregnant mamas can be with things like that (and I've miscarried before). So I went back in to be safe. They denied covering it because I hadn't waited to follow up with the OB. Huge fight, but none the less.

Maybe she'll get hit with something like that and wake up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote