Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #1
wmurillo410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Diagnose my DS

Please help me diagnose my DS. I know many of you may not want to help that's fine and I understand why. But those who want to help diagnose DS please do.

Wednesday night he started a bit of what I diagnosed as croup cough. He would be coughing like a seal barks at night then fine in the day. Friday he began a phlegmy cough in the day and croup at night. Saturday he seemed fine other than the cough. We went to dinner and I noticed his under nose area to the peaks of his lips was red. I thought nothing of it. He was acting fine too. Over night he started to get a fever...like a big fever. Gave him Tylenol. This AM I was at work but DH said he was cranky and then played good later in the day. I got home and gave him more Tylenol then he fell asleep. He is eating pretty good.
Oh and his left cheek and the under nose to lip peaks are red too. Looks like wind burn but it's not.

TIA

Sent from my SIII using DS Forum

Excuse the typos

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diagnose my DS

im sick with some sort of virus.....dd had it too. Lost my voice, sleepy. low grade fever.

BUT there is strep going around, and that is not something to mess with. It can cause heart issues and neurological issues (PANDAS, we are dealing with this with my nephew).

If you are concerned always seek a Drs opinion.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #3
wmurillo410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot View Post
im sick with some sort of virus.....dd had it too. Lost my voice, sleepy. low grade fever.

BUT there is strep going around, and that is not something to mess with. It can cause heart issues and neurological issues (PANDAS, we are dealing with this with my nephew).

If you are concerned always seek a Drs opinion.
I wondered if a virus was going around. Temps dropped Wednesday night from 80's to 30. Yuk.
Strrp crossed my mind but I thought against it only because his symptoms didn't match mine when I would get it twice annually. I will look into it more though. If this continues we will go to the doctor

Sent from my SIII using DS Forum

Excuse the typos
Old 05-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Strep doesn't really present the same in young children as it does adults. They may not have a sore through at all. It is no joke. We all had it over the Winter and the 3 and 6 year old had no sore throat but the rest of us did ending with DH and DS2 being hospitalized. Does he have a rash or redness anywhere else like his hands? I would keep an eye on the fever and breathing and if not improved I personally would go in tomorrow.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It could be any kind of virus, really. If you want him to fight it off on his own, cutting out the tylenol would give him the best chance. Every time his temperature is lowered it is pretty much lengthening the duration of the illness.