Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
lauraluvzadam02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talk to me about IUDS

I have an appt this week to get the mirana Iud put in. I am very concerend about the side affects. Anyone have any problems with thiers? OR do you LOVE IT? ALso any weight gain?

Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My good friend gained 60 lbs in the year she got hers. She also had severe migraines. Once she got it taken out she lost 20lbs in the 1st month & not one migraine.

I know one lady on this forum got pregnant within the 1st 2 months & she miscarried her twins due to the merena

I would look into the copper IUD.
Several friends I know have it and no issues
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
mayliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I didn't gain weight with mine but the strings got lost inside and it was painful to remove. I also felt that it affected my moods more so than BCP. The pill gave me awful migraines. I also had a hard time conceiving post-Mirena -can't blame it per se, but I know it was related. It is the only form of birth control that I can use, for multiple reasons, but let's just say that I haven't scheduled my appointment and my baby is almost 4 months old. Just waiting for God knows what to happen. I am not looking forward to it. Hope it goes well for you. Insertion was painful but not too bad. I had mine before any babies.
mayliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
megkmc
Registered Users

Re: Talk to me about IUDS

I had one and was more irritable the first couple months, but no other issues, and no period so that was great.

A friend of mine got pregnant with her third kid because it fell out and she didn't notice. But I guess nothing is really 100%.

Good luck!
Old 05-05-2013, 11:56 PM   #5
tinytushi
Registered Users
seller

I had problems with Copper IUD and Mirena. Copper due to metal sensitivity. Mirena caused weight gain (almost 40 lbs. which I lost after its removal), migraines, fell out twice because it is so soft, turned side ways and wedged itself into uterus. Over all horrible experience that I could never recommend. Oh and the first year after insertion was nearly a constant period.
tinytushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
KLJ07
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had the Mirena for 10 weeks and pulled it out myself. I bled for the entire 10 weeks. I'm talking heavy, golf ball sized clots bleeding. I felt bloated all.the.time. I gained 8 lbs. in those 10 weeks while dieting. I still can't get it off. The insertion was awful for me. So, yea...no positives for me. I will never get an IUD again.
KLJ07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
TForce
Registered Users
seller

I had a copper IUD for 4.5 years after my 2nd baby was born. I had it inserted a my 6 weeks post-partum visit. Insertion was a bit painful with some bleeding. Periods were a bit heavier than "normal", but after two babies one after another, I'm not really sure what my "normal" is. I had the IUD taken out in November, and I was literally pregnant within two weeks. For me, I will definitely do it again after this baby. Long (5-7 days) periods are annoying, but I am happy to not have to worry about a pill. Birth control is a very personal decision.
TForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
Max's Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My mirena iud cut through my uterus and I had to have it surgically removed. I bled for 9 months straight after getting it put in at my 6 week post partum visit and I got tired of dealing with the bleeding and decided to get it out and they couldn't find the string and it all started from there. It was a traumatic experience and since I'm not trying to get pregnant who knows if ill have issues or not. But I'll just pray about it and leave it in gods hands. But I would highly recommend against them!
Max's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #9
andrea0324
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I love my Mirena! I love it so much that after its 5 year life span I got another one. No heavy bleeding, no weight gain, no migraines, none of that. I still have occasional periods, but they are soooo light.

Not for everyone, but I love it!

I blog! Stop on by! www.northernlightsmama.blogspot.com
andrea0324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #10
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

Following! I wanna know
kittenbaby77 is offline   Reply With Quote