Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

stress and anxiety with children?

lately iv been really tired. i get about 6-7 hours of good sleep most nights. im also constantly running around all day with lo which is almost a year old. iv noticed i have needed more and more coffee to function but its really hard for me to unwind. im seeing a therapist and its helping my racing thoughts. lately sometimes i get a tight chest which leads to mild panic because my heart will start skipping around, then i get dizzy. it happens abnormally but its starting to get scarier. im 21. some times all i feel like doing is laying in bed while lo surfs the covers. im starting to care less and less about what the house looks like and am generally burned out. is this what it feels like to be the primary parent? some times ill be doing something and i realise i am really tense. pms also really sucks as i often yell and sob about 3 days before af and until about mid way through my cycle.

i have been known to have bouts of situational depression and anxiety but it hasnt flared in some years and it was alot different back then. should i get this checked out?

Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yes ((hugs))
Old 05-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #3
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I would, it sounds like meds could help.
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:34 AM   #4
satorifound
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: stress and anxiety with children?

I would definitely see someone. You don't have to feel that way. My antidepressants made my life actually enjoyable again.
satorifound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:20 AM   #5
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satorifound View Post
I would definitely see someone. You don't have to feel that way. My antidepressants made my life actually enjoyable again.
Same here. There's no reason for you live like this. I muddled through for so long and have finally, with the help of meds and therapy, come to a place where my children are a joy.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLad View Post
Same here. There's no reason for you live like this. I muddled through for so long and have finally, with the help of meds and therapy, come to a place where my children are a joy.
the only thing i dont like about meds is they make me feel like grey matter. not happy not sad. getting off of them was a nightmare too, i had alot of side affects. im going to therapy which is helping but not at a very fast rate. thanks for all the support!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #7
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie.sattler View Post

the only thing i dont like about meds is they make me feel like grey matter. not happy not sad. getting off of them was a nightmare too, i had alot of side affects. im going to therapy which is helping but not at a very fast rate. thanks for all the support!
Meds are a very delicate balance. Maybe try a different med. And dosage needs to be carefully monitored. My mom was a mess for a year before she finally went in to get her dosage on her meds adjusted. Hopefully things work out. Good luck mama!!!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:17 AM   #8
jengojengo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try to get some help, maybe through your physician?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #9
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Certain meds have made me feel that way also. But it doesn't have to end there. I didn't realize I was even depressed until I tried meds. My family suffered for it.
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #10
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie.sattler View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Meds are a very delicate balance. Maybe try a different med. And dosage needs to be carefully monitored. My mom was a mess for a year before she finally went in to get her dosage on her meds adjusted. Hopefully things work out. Good luck mama!!!
Finding the right combination is key. There are so many things you can try! I was on a cocktail and I can't tell you how much difference it made.

Find a psychiatrist. That was key for me. He treated me quite aggressively and I was better in a year.
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote