Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marenmccoy

I don't understand how to do it without killing my back. Tips?
Do you have a long torso like me? I do Indian style, have a pillow and still hunch over so much that I've got a permanent stitch in my back.

Long torso and tiny boobs... Getting the baby to the boob requires bad posture.

Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #12
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
My doula tells me this is like transition. If we can just get past the first 6 weeks, we'll be better. So I am concentrating on it like labor and hoping the reward comes soon and I'll be able to get off this dang couch.
This seems like a really good way to think about it. I'll keep that in mind.
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #13
mamacita1222
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange

Do you have a long torso like me? I do Indian style, have a pillow and still hunch over so much that I've got a permanent stitch in my back.

Long torso and tiny boobs... Getting the baby to the boob requires bad posture.
I have a long torso too. If I am nursing on the left side I put my left heal closer to my butt so my knee is up in the air. Then I can rest my left arm in my thigh. I hope that makes sense.

To the OP, this will pass soon and summer is just gearing up. You aren't missing too much.
mamacita1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #14
mizzlizzbeck
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Just need a little pep talk

I am right there with you. We're nearing the end of the big 6 week growth spurt, and OMG I felt like I was going to die. He was so hungry all the time, we would sit nursing for hours and he would get mad because I was tapped out and then scream and scream until I gave him a little bottle. I had to trick him by letting him start on the bottle then switching real quick to the boob to get him to latch back on because he was so mad. Just nonstop day and night nursing for a week. I was a mess. I'm also dealing with a little post-partum and it was just awful. But it's getting back to normal again, and if I can make it through this, so can you!
mizzlizzbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #15
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacita1222

I have a long torso too. If I am nursing on the left side I put my left heal closer to my butt so my knee is up in the air. Then I can rest my left arm in my thigh. I hope that makes sense.

To the OP, this will pass soon and summer is just gearing up. You aren't missing too much.
This works on the side I can do cross cradle on now. But the other side is still football hold.
Old 05-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #16
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzlizzbeck
I am right there with you. We're nearing the end of the big 6 week growth spurt, and OMG I felt like I was going to die. He was so hungry all the time, we would sit nursing for hours and he would get mad because I was tapped out and then scream and scream until I gave him a little bottle. I had to trick him by letting him start on the bottle then switching real quick to the boob to get him to latch back on because he was so mad. Just nonstop day and night nursing for a week. I was a mess. I'm also dealing with a little post-partum and it was just awful. But it's getting back to normal again, and if I can make it through this, so can you!
A week? Really?

I can't do the night cluster feeds without tears. No way I'll survive a week cry

Oh please please let there be a way to get his ties fixed this week (week 5) I may not make it to week 7.