Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
tell me about a tubal

so i have my 6 week PP apt tomarrow. I am going to schedule a tubal to be done. its tried and true and i dont want to go any other route. i have 4 childrens we are done. i am 30.....

how was your recovery? pain? i am nursing ...... just tell me your story

Momma 30 to a who is Queen who is 7 , a king who is 5 a, princess who is 2 and a princess in training born 3-29-13
we are a cloth diapering, tandem breastfeeding, homeschooling, fully vaxing but with a delay family!
Buena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: tell me about a tubal

My tubal was awful. I wish I'd never had it done. It changed my cycle from normal to skipping periods for months on end, then bleeding for months at a time. I always had a semi-heavy flow, but after the tubal, I was afraid to leave the house. It was painful, so heavy I was changing pads every thirty minutes.
I had this done in 2008, after the birth of my twins. Last year, I ended up having an ablation done because of the tubal causing so many problems. Honestly, I'd let your SO have it done instead.
Wife to Walter. Mommy to Haylee (10/09/06) drama queen, and Zak & Molly (8/30/08) Why not join Swagbucks today? Just click the link
StitchesbyMegan I sell AVON!
Megan22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:34 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

Honestly, I wish I'd never done it. I've regretted it ever since, and am looking into reversing it. It's just so....permanent and I feel like it effects hormones.
Want Pretty Nails? Looking to Make Money from Home?
jengojengo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I had one done just so I could get pregnant . Mine held pockets of fluid that would have created a miscarriage risk.

Anyway, I don't recall that it was painful. I avoided lifting 50lb hay bales at the stables for a couple weeks as a precaution, but for most part returned home to living my life the same as always. The biggest annoyance was that my RE made me wait 3 months before starting an IVF cycle because it was important that I fully recovered internally before IVF.

It was easy peasy & I felt fully recovered within days. I wouldn't think there would be any reason to not return to work the next day if a person undergoing this procedure didn't want to take any time off.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

I just had one and recovery hasn't been bad. The first few days it was really sore, but people were also pushing on it constantly to check my uterus, which won't be an issue for you. It's been a week and now I only have soreness if I move wrong or exert myself too much. The incision is about three inches long about an inch below my belly button. It still has steri-strips so I don't know how it's going to look long term. The hardest thing has been not being able to lift my toddler. Nursing hasn't effected it at all, you just need to make sure you arrange yourself so you don't get kicked.

My daughter has bumped or kicked it a few times and that smarts, but it goes away quickly. The only concern I have is what my periods will be like, because I originally got on hormonal BC because of heavy difficult periods. My doctor said I could get the mini-pill or something if my periods get really bad again.

The scariest part of the process for me was the idea of getting a spinal, which I've never had. I had to have one to remove my placenta though, so it became an easy choice.
Wife to E 10-29-05.
Mom to tougHGirl L 5-4-10
tougHGuy B 5-1-13

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:
I had one 8 weeks ago during my cesarean. It hurt for 3 weeks or so. I have always had painful ovulation and am very in tune w/my body so I could feel the difference between the cesarean and tubal pain. It definitely added to it (I had 2 other cesareans so I knew the difference from that too) but now I can't tell I had it. No regrets.
Kristen: Helpmeet to my amazing DH
Mama to 8 Wonderful Blessings!
(12, 9, 8, 6, 5, 4, 2, 1 )
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #7
Registered Users
I had one almost 2 years ago. It was during my 2n csection. My 2nd csection was so much easier and less painful and much less recovery time than my 1st, so I am not too sure about the recovery from the tubal. I didn't really do anything different from the recovery instructions from the csection, except for lifting. I would have to carry my 2 year old, but he was only around 25 lbs. I had an absolutely horrible period before my tubal, to the point of throwing up and couldn't leave the house. Afterwards the cramps are not nearly as bad and the bleeding is a lot less. I know not everyone's body reacts the same way, but my period has been so much better after the tubal.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote