Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:02 AM   #1
1healthylady
Registered Users

I have a confession to make...

Lately I've really been looking forward to when I'm not BFing anymore. I still enjoy breastfeeding when I'm actually nursing DD. But I hate pumping, I miss eggs and all the foods that contain eggs, my boobs have been feeling tired/sore lately - not the nipples, just the boobs - and I'm ready to not obsess over whether or not she has enough milk for the day. Hopefully I'll get over this funk. We can't afford to supplement with formula, so I have to stick it out. We've made it 8 months, my goal is a year. I really WANT to make it to a year, but I guess I'm just tired of it right now.

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 09:08 AM   #2
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Girl, you are not alone. I feel like that and my lo is only 3 months :/
Old 05-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: I have a confession to make...

I am at 13 months and am there. I love nursing when it is convenient for me, but look forward to having my body back to me again. I would love for him to not need to nurse asleep or pull my boobs out of my shirt when he wants a snack. With him not prefering solids, I do not see this happening.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
crazyeyesmcgee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l
I am at 13 months and am there. I love nursing when it is convenient for me, but look forward to having my body back to me again. I would love for him to not need to nurse asleep or pull my boobs out of my shirt when he wants a snack. With him not prefering solids, I do not see this happening.
Ugh, I know. DD2 is 11 months and I can't stand when she sticks her hand in my shirt and tries to pull the nipple out for a treat. Drives me nuts. And OUCH! I'll power through, but some days I'm just over it totally.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #5
Mheagan
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Amen mama. My son took to BF beautifully, and I love it. However..... at 3 mo was diagnosed with MSPI, then at 6 months we found out he was allergic to eggs, milk, AND peanuts! It has been really rough on me (I'm still feeding the rest of the family normally). You think it would be a great weightloss tool (I have lost 1# in exactly 10 months).

And now I am having supply issues and am having to suppliment with formula *sigh*. It would be SO much easier to use formula. That being said, he is 10 months and I will BF as long as he wants but am secretly hoping (and feeling guilty about it) that he doses not want to go as long as DD (2 yrs).
Old 05-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #6
1healthylady
Registered Users

I'm glad I'm not alone. I feel bad for feeling like this, and I am so thankful that we are still BFing (and for all the support I have for it), but I just don't always LOVE it. I guess I just didn't expect to feel like this.

From the phone.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

*hugs* you are not alone. I fully admit I hate breastfeeding as well. It has never been fun for me, it has always been a complete PITA. Lulu can't have any dairy, and I've never ever made enough milk (even with Dom.) for her to EBF - but it took us over 6 months to realize that was the problem!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #8
mamacita1222
Registered Users

I was just about to make this same confession! I don't pump (it makes me feel miserable emotionally) and DS doesn't understand what to do with a bottle or sippy or straw cup. He won't suck, he just chews. But it has become my mission to get him drinking from a cup (finally found an avent training cup he gets) ASAP. Some days I think I will just die if I breastfeed again. Other times I look down at him nursing and think this is just so awesome. DS is almost 9 months now. I just need to get to a year.
mamacita1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
MommaMal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We're at 18 months and my LO won't drink anything but water or milk from the tap. she still nurses about six times per day. I'm ready to be done

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got."-Janis Joplin
MommaMal is offline   Reply With Quote