Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Paraguard

Tell me the good and bad

Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

When I had it before kids the only bad was insertion. I had really bad cramping the rest of the day. Otherwise, it was great. Same amount of cramping as before, period was maybe 1/2-1 day longer, but still never more than 5 days. No side effects. Once the strings curled around my cervix, they stopped bothering hubby (they are like fishing wire, so uncomfortable if they poke).

I'm scheduled to get another next week. The only point I am still considering is the off chance I conceive while it is in--I have been extremely fertile the last few years. I would run a greater risk of miscarriage since it isn't as simple as a missed condom or discontinuing a pill (not that I would take hormonal bc).
Old 05-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Paraguard

I had one and loved it. DH never complained at all. It did not effect breastfeeding, my cycles, or anything. I felt nothing at insertion either.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #4
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:

Subbing I'm interested as well. No hormones is what interests me the most!
Old 05-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well j got it placed today. Little twinges and some bleeding now but easy peasy
Old 05-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
JustSomeChickVee
Banned

i would never recommend paragard to anyone. I had it for a total of three days. Insertion wasn't bad at all, I didn't even feel, so there I was all like yay great! well that night I started having strange body aches and by the next day I was in incredible pain. my whole body ached and I couldn't drive or lift my son up. it was AWFUL. i had it removed on the morning of day 4, the doctor swore up and down that it wasn't paragard, but it definitely was because it stopped hurting several hours after removal. a woman in my local mom group had a similar experience.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:48 PM   #7
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was on hormonal bc for a solid decade for having DD, so Paraguard at 6 mos PP was very different. I specifically wanted it bc of the hormone free aspect as I planned to continue bf.
Insertion at the moment wasnt bad but about 30 mins later I had the WORST cramps of my life. DH had to come home bc I was afraid I was going to drop the baby. A few hours later I was good as new.
I LOVE the fact that I dont have to remember anything. Even the nuvaring was too much for me to remember lol. DH cannot feel the strings at all. And after a decade of hormones... I realize now how much they affected my mood and libido. Glad to be done with that.
I will say that AF is MUCH heavier than she used to be. For the first 6 mos there was one day per month of soaking-superplus-tampons-hourly heavy. Ugh. After 18 mos it is just starting to ease up. I think Ive always had it REALLY easy and now Im spoiled.
I am regularly terrified that Im pg, and will mc when they remove the iud. Probably every 6 mos I have a small nervous breakdown.
Summary, I am glad that I made the choice to go non hormonal, and paraguard was the right decision. However, once we decide to go for #2... No more bc for me. After that its DHs turn!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
stringbean02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I absolutely LOOOOOOOOOVE paragard. There is not a single complaint I've about it.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
kurvashuous
Registered Users

I had mine inserted in March and I have no complaints. So far so good.
kurvashuous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:59 AM   #10
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I will be talking to my dr today about getting it.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote