Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
mich*mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I loved it....until i got pg on it. With one fallopian tube as well.

One of my bff's did too, jftr.

Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 02:35 PM   #12
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Paraguard

I get mine placed tuesday.

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #13
RealMommyLife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had horribly heavy periods at first. I couldn't even leave the house cause I was overflowing super plus tampons and an over night pad in 1/2-1 hour. (And yes I was wearing them at the same te and they would both need changed in that time. But each period I got, got a little lighter, and now it's normal. Glad I stuck with it, cause its so nice to not worry about taking a pill, or hormones.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #14
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I absolutely can NOT do hormones (they make me absolutely crazy), so Ive been considering the Paraguard

Ive read it can affect your mood/libido (irritability/anxiety etc) like the pill can (which is my main concern). Anyone have any experience with this?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:43 PM   #15
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j
I absolutely can NOT do hormones (they make me absolutely crazy), so Ive been considering the Paraguard

Ive read it can affect your mood/libido (irritability/anxiety etc) like the pill can (which is my main concern). Anyone have any experience with this?
No experience with that either (now, or when I had one before kids). Never heard that either. Hormones are what attacks my libido. I think that must be the primary way hormonal bc works, lol.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #16
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I think that must be the primary way hormonal bc works, lol.
haha! This is what I ALWAYS say about hormonal BC!

Im not really a big fan of IUDs, or anything foreign in my body really, but I now know what people mean when they say "you will know when you are done having kids." Im DONE! The thought of another baby doesnt make me feel all warm and fuzzy. It makes me panicky. I dont dream about the new CDs and woolies I can buy. I dream about getting in shape, feeling feminine, getting me time one year soon I hope, dedicating myself to my career, and raising the two kids I already have without losing my sanity lol. I might just make an appt with my midwife to discuss the Paraguard :-)

Last edited by amb2j; 06-19-2013 at 01:00 PM.
amb2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #17
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j

haha! This is what I ALWAYS say about hormonal BC!

Im not really a big fan of IUDs, or anything foreign in my body really, but I now know what people mean when they say "you will know when you are done having kids." Im DONE! The thought of another baby doesnt make me feel all warm and fuzzy. It makes me panicky. I dont dream about the new CDs and woolies I can buy. I dream about getting in shape, feeling feminine, getting me time one year soon I hope, dedicating myself to my career, and raising the two kids I already have without losing my sanity lol. I might just make an appt with my midwife to discuss the Paraguard :-)
That is how I felt during my 3rd pregnancy. I am ready to be fit again, have time alone with my husband, finish grad school, and start my career. For us it was paragard or vasectomy. Hubby wasn't quite ready for the V, so we went with a paragard until he is ready. It worked really well for me when we were first married, and so far so good this time around.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #18
Max's Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My only trouble I had with the paragaurd is it also thins and slickens your uterus so that a fertilized egg cannot attach. Which means the egg can still be fertilized. I had the mirena and had to get it surgically removed due to it cutting through my uterus. I have split feelings about birth controls always just because some of it seems so close to abortion but how else do you stop from getting pregnant besides some form of birth control. Anyways I hope all goes well with your iud!
Max's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #19
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max's Mom
My only trouble I had with the paragaurd is it also thins and slickens your uterus so that a fertilized egg cannot attach. Which means the egg can still be fertilized. I had the mirena and had to get it surgically removed due to it cutting through my uterus. I have split feelings about birth controls always just because some of it seems so close to abortion but how else do you stop from getting pregnant besides some form of birth control. Anyways I hope all goes well with your iud!
Yep, but so does hormonal bc. It is a secondary function of both. There is always that possibility unless you use barriers or abstinence.

I will say the biggest pause I had before getting the paragard was that it (and other IUDs) isn't as easily reversible if you are one of the few that gets pregnant with it in.

Last edited by joeslittlewoman; 06-25-2013 at 08:49 AM.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:21 PM   #20
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amb2j View Post

I had it for a year and a half. It didn't affect my libido but I was really anxious towards the end of the time (last half year I had it) I couldn't figure out why. Normally I'm anxious for some reason (like a death in the family) but nothing had happened to trigger panic attacks. I'm not willing to say with 100% certainty that it was the iud but it was weird.

I also got 3 utis when I had it and I've had 0 utis for the rest of my life so I think it made me more susceptible to utis.