Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Sick baby lead to cracked nipples!

Maybe this is just more of a vent, but lo had roseola for the past week. She's 12 months old and definitely nurses every time I offer, and will hang out there forever. I know it's for comfort.

We were down to nursing 2-3x a day and she was sttn (finally!) but the high fevers made her miserable and she started asking to bf all the time! I started giving her the paci (which she rejected at 5 months old) just to give my poor nipples a break. She has 6 teeth now, and I tried getting the deepest latch possible, changing positions, rocking + paci instead of nursing... They are still cracked, one had a blister and then bled, and the other has white on it.

I have kind of wanted to wean for the last month or so, but I don't think lo will ever stop. And I don't want to force her, but I would like to guide her in the direction of weaning. She is super happy around people, which can distract her from nursing for a whole day.. Maybe that's a good reason to get out of the house!

shoesundone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
My Mood:
Re: Sick baby lead to cracked nipples!

Poor Momma and baby. I hope she feels better now. I do not know much about weaning. My first 3 quit cold turkey and my 4th is still going strong at 13 months. I hope for your sake she at least goes back to only 2-3 times per day to give your nipples a break.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote