Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
lindsaydud
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Talk to me about the Baby-Comp...

I've read the existing threads but it seems like most people have more input about the Lady-Comp. Anyone use Baby-Comp? Is it worth the crazy money? When I first saw it, I laughed but more and more I'm kind of into it!

Advertisement

lindsaydud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: Talk to me about the Baby-Comp...

Lady Comp and Baby comp are essentially the same thing. Difference being the Baby Comp is going to give you green lights on fertile days to help you get pregnant, and has some other added features to help you get a boy or girl, etc.

more info

I used Lady Comp for roughly 3 yrs on and off. I got pg once on it when I traveled across 3 time zones with 2 toddlers. Pretty sure the lack of sleep and stress and time differences somehow messed something up. I got pg again on it when our backup method failed.

Last edited by Kiliki; 05-09-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
lindsaydud
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yikes! If you don't mind me asking, did the backup method fail on a day lady-comp had told you was safe? Or on a not-safe day?
Old 05-09-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaydud View Post
Yikes! If you don't mind me asking, did the backup method fail on a day lady-comp had told you was safe? Or on a not-safe day?
I totally don't remember. Probably a NOT safe day - thus the reason we were using the back-up method. B/c the light was red.

It was so long ago at this point, my memory of it is askew.

But here is what I remember... it may or may not be 100% accurate, and sorry if it is TMI.

We DTD unprotected CD13 (I typically Ov around CD20+), so I firugred we were still safe for one more day. (and I had a green light that day) I had a weird dip in my temps CD14 that freaked me out, b/c I was concerned it was an early ovulation or something. Looked just like an Ov dip.

We DTD again - protected this time - somewhere around CD 19 or 20, and then I got another Ov dip the next day.

So, it's possible I Ov twice, that the first dip wasn't an Ov at all, or that the LC screwed up.

Honestly, I don't know. But I am inclined to believe the failure was a BC method failure because I'd used LC consistently for 2 yrs prior to that with no issues detecting my Ov dates, and also b/c my dating u/s showed that I would have conceived when LC showed me as Ovulating.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
lindsaydud
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Thanks! And it wasn't TMI for me - I appreciate it!

I really think I'd like the baby-comp ( stupidly, the whole reason I'm into it vs. LC is the gender aspect, even though I know 1) we could try to sway gender without the help of a computer and 2) it could only help sway our odds a bit if at all).

We used FAM when we were TTC but I don't know if I'd trust my charting enough to use it TTA. But I don't know if the baby-comp is worth the money or if I'd feel safe using it!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:29 PM   #6
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

I got pregnant while using it. We used condoms on yellow and red days.. so either that screwed up or something happened to one of the condoms but we never saw leaks or a tear in them...
Old 05-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #7
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh and the gender thing... from reading the book it predicts gender completely the opposite way of all the other things Id read before..