Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Your favorite nursing tops?

Looking for recommendations. I only have a couple from old navy and I really don't care for them. Just want to like my clothes!

Also, any tips on how to wear regular shirts to nurse?

I'm a D/E and usually size L or XL, if that matters.

Advertisement

marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
saturn
Registered Users

Re: Your favorite nursing tops?

I am not large chested, but I like the basic nursing tanks from Target (Gilligan &O'Malley, the ones with skinny straps and no buttons). I wear them under a cardigan all the time. If I am wearing a non-nursing top where I need to lift the bottom up for nursing access, I wear my belly band from when I was pregnant, it keeps my tummy covered so I don't feel exposed.
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #3
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Undercover mama. The tanks clip on to the clips of your nursing bra. You can pull up your regular shirt, unclip the tank and bra, nurse, and not have the postpartum belly hanging out. Or wear them alone with just your nursing bra.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #4
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I have Motherhood nursing clothing I love. I also wear nursing tanks 99% of the time under a regular shirt. I just lift the regular shirt and unhook the tank.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Undercover Mama, or a DIY version of the same. (You can find tutorials on pinterest, or google will help you out, I'm sure.) A belly band is also pretty good for belly coverage with a regular shirt.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #6
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've never found a nursing top that I liked. I just wear a regular shirt with a camisole under it, over my nursing bra. Pull camisole down, unhook bra, pull shirt up. Easy peasy, and cheap, too. I buy two-packs of really stretchy camisoles at Costco.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
I buy two-packs of really stretchy camisoles at Costco.
That reminds me - there is a "tummy tamer" camisole at Costco that works pretty well too, with the added benefit of smoothing out the post-partum belly. The top is really stretchy so your boobs aren't squished and there's enough stretch to pull it down and open your bra to nurse.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #8
Sonjaleigh
Registered Users
seller

Thank you for the tips! I am a FTM with a 2 week old and haven't found a good way to dress myself for nursing yet. Its such a foreign thing to me right now,along with trying to dress my pp body. I will be trying some of the tips to see if they will work for us!
Sonjaleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
laila
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have been nursing for 10 years now with a few breaks in between. I love nursing tanks: glamourmom, bravado, motherhood, target. You find your favs or have a variety like me. I did discover undercover mama which I love this go round. I have a nursing bra I really like so the undercover works great. Stretchy camisoles would work great too. Will have to check out Costco.

I have a couple regular strapless cotton sundresses that work great too. I wear them with a nursing tank bc in big on top but many women can do without it. Pull down and viola!

I do like nursing shirts but many are super ugly. You have to really look to find the cute ones. ;-)
Old 05-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #10
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for the suggestions! We don't have a costco here- Does anyone know another source for cheap stretchy camis?
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote