Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

No-cook refrigerator Oatmeal

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

Okay so around here this seems to be kind of trendy, but it is yummy. I usually steer away from anything yogurt related because I generally dislike yogurt, but with the extra milk the yogurt flavor is nice and mild.

Anyone else eating this? How do you make yours?

I skip the whole plain yogurt and honey thing and just split a 6oz fruit flavored chobani yogurt between 2 containers. (I use my kid's take and toss cups and the lids with a hole for a straw ) When I use steel cut oats I have to put the yogurt in first, then the oats and chia seeds, then the milk and I don't mix the yogurt in with the oats until the next morning so they can soak in mostly milk. I add 1/2 a banana because that the fruit i have hanging around this week.

I'm going to try the one with the apple sauce in it once I get some milk in this house but I'm just gonna use vanilla greek yogurt.

Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
PurpleMushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: No-cook refrigerator Oatmeal

I love this!
I don't use her exact recipe, I don't think I'd like the texture the chia seeds with oats. I put raisins (they get so plump!) and vanilla almond milk (unsweetened) in mine and use regular yogurt, not greek. Drizzle honey on later, if I want. Yummy! Never thought about trying this with steel cut oats...hmm.
PurpleMushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I love it, when I remember to make it at night! I don't use chia seeds either, and just use whatever kind of yogurt/almond milk I have on hand. My favorites are pineapple coconut and peach - I always add almonds to whatever flavor I make. So easy and yummy!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Old 05-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #4
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mmmm, that sounds good. I just made one (strawberry vanilla) for the morning. I've had a big bag of chia seeds in my pantry for a month. Glad to finally start using them!
Old 05-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #5
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

I've seen this on Pinterest.... Gonna mix up a small batch right now for the kids and I to try in the morning!

Era: just mixed up strawberry vanilla and chocolate banana. Results in the morning!

Last edited by RebekahG77; 05-15-2013 at 12:31 AM.
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #6
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mmmm, the strawberry vanilla was yummy yesterday. Now having the mango almond and it's even better. So glad this thread was started. I don't do Pinterest and had never heard of this before.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
graceworks
Registered Users
Formerly: annaelise
seller
seller

My Mood:

I asked about this a couple months ago! I love it - I don't really follow a recipe I just put a dollop of yogurt, a scoop of oats, a few spoons of flaxseed and a splash of milk if it looks too thick. Then in the morning I put some jam on top. SO GOOD and keeps me full for a long time!
loving being a stay at home wife to DH (married 4/11/09) and mommy to DD1 (10/4/10) and little DD2 (5/30/12) and expecting baby #3 in March!
graceworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

I loved both flavors that I tried yesterday. Today I added pineapple to the mix. Also yummy! I love that it keeps me satisfied through until lunch. My son also especially loves it. My daughter doesn't care for it, and my hubby doesn't really like yogurt... or fruit... or oatmeal, haha. Bummer! I can't count a recipe as a family win unless it's one that everyone happily eats.

That's ok though. I'll happily mix it up for me and my boy!
RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #9
ChaoticDreams33
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love chia seeds! This sounds right up our alley, thanks for the recipe!
ChaoticDreams33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #10
ggill
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

do you think I could swap out tofu for the yogurt? I might try that this weekend sometime...these would be great for camping!

And one en-route via the red thread
http://speelmanhome.wordpress.com/
ggill is offline   Reply With Quote