Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #101
rotersonne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My DF was literally the last person to wish me a Happy Mother's Day, and it was as an afterthought. We spent the day with my family, and it was an all around disaster. My family was fighting all day, not one of them cared that I was upset by this (or that my mother was, for that matter.) I was the only person to buy my Mother a card, nobody thought to get me one. Nobody really even said Happy Mother's Day to my Mom either, until after I gave her my gifts.

Luckily my Mom and I did get to pick where we went for dinner.. It's just a shame that turned into a nightmare of my Dad & younger sister fighting, so it left my Mom and I sitting in my car, crying together. I guess free dessert made up for it.

On the bright side, DF bought me a $200 spa gift card to make up for my first Mother's Day being complete and utter crap.

Sent from my EVO using DS Forum

Advertisement

rotersonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:25 AM   #102
shouldbedoinglaundry
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone else disappointed by their husband on Mother's Day?

bump.

My ISO/IHA
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...3#post15551593
shouldbedoinglaundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:48 AM   #103
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldbedoinglaundry View Post
bump.
Did he mess up again?

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #104
xoxCoralxox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine never does anything , not for my bday , vday , mothersday , xmas .... nothing

i dont expect anything and never will.... im jealous of all the loving husbands lol.... tho i feel super bad for my kids , i wish he would do something with them to give to me....even if its just a card..... hes just not like that..... soo i guess ill start doing it with them during homeschool.... do a craft or something and just " not look "

he left for some extra over time work this morning without saying a word.... >.<

~~~Expecting Jan.2015 Baby~~~
xoxCoralxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #105
xoxCoralxox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

id also like to add.... for his bday ( the day after mine for F@#$! sakes )
fathersdays and xmas.... he gets LOADS of amazing gifts.....from me and the kids.....

i was soo mad at him last xmas that i went shopping for a few lil cheap things for me... threw the bag at him and told him to go wrap them with the kids to give to me xmas morning....

gurr....men suck sometimes lol

and no its not just about the gifts , its about being treated nice on the ONE day a year thats supposed to be OUR day.....but instead i get told i dont " deserve " anything because i dont work and bring in big enough income . The family NEEDS him to survive .... so i can show him respect >.<

~~~Expecting Jan.2015 Baby~~~

Last edited by xoxCoralxox; 05-11-2014 at 08:39 AM.
xoxCoralxox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #106
drabekgirl
Registered Users

I'm been told that I'm not his mother so not to expect anything from him. instead I had to spend most of the day with his mother and 3 sils (while mine barely got a phone call from me, b/c she's just not important to him). Its was the 2nd nice day in a row, that I could have spent out in my flower garden. Oh and my children decided to get up at 5:30AM for the 2nd day in a row and they are in ELEMENTARY school!
Old 05-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #107
wiggles&co
Registered Users
seller

Yesterday was my first Mothers' Day and my husband really didn't seem to even acknowledge it. He had to work so I spent the day cleaning and cooking, which stressed me out because I was cooking something he normally makes and couldn't get a hold of him of him until after 1pm to find out how he makes it. I literally pulled it out of the oven then headed out the door to his family's house for dinner.

For Father's Day last year we went to the movies, but I didn't get him a card or anything because I was a little out of it getting used to having a 1-month old! I wasn't expecting much since we aren't big into gift giving for each other, but a card or even just him saying "Happy Mother's Day!" would have been nice.

Last edited by wiggles&co; 05-12-2014 at 03:28 PM.
wiggles&co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 04:16 PM   #108
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxCoralxox
id also like to add.... for his bday ( the day after mine for F@#$! sakes ) fathersdays and xmas.... he gets LOADS of amazing gifts.....from me and the kids..... i was soo mad at him last xmas that i went shopping for a few lil cheap things for me... threw the bag at him and told him to go wrap them with the kids to give to me xmas morning.... gurr....men suck sometimes lol and no its not just about the gifts , its about being treated nice on the ONE day a year thats supposed to be OUR day.....but instead i get told i dont " deserve " anything because i dont work and bring in big enough income . The family NEEDS him to survive .... so i can show him respect >.<
Hugs mama
You deserve better than that. I know easier said than done but I would be saving $ away on the side so I could leave someone who said something like that to me. If he treats you with love and respect all the other days I would stay but would no longer do anything for his bday or for Father's Day.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #109
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

I got a dozen roses Friday evening and a card on Sunday... For my DH this was the equivalent to him taking me on a cruise and buying me diamonds.
One thing I quickly learned was his gift giving language was severely delayed. for the first few years we were married I REALLY had to grow a thick skin when it came to gifts. IF he remembered it was never ever let me think of something that will make her feel special or even so much an appropriate practice gift. It was like hey here is a toothbrush cause I noticed the old one was getting worn...

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:11 AM   #110
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggierbard9 View Post
Mine asked me yesterday if I wanted to go out to eat today knowing we don't have the funds for something like that...and he is sleeping in while I am up with the kids. It is what it is, and I have come to just expect things as they are.
DH asked if we were going to go out (not hey honey lets go out) and then asked if we should use real (checking account) or the "fake" money (credit card) to pay.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote