Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #11
Geckmumto3
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else disappointed by their husband on Mother's Day?

ITA with PP that you have to tell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypockets View Post
Hugs. One year, when I'd been making breakfast one Mother's Day morning, I *asked* for a verbal Happy Mother's Day, since it seemed I'd been forgotten.. Sadly, I got met with, "I didn't forget. Do you really think you deserve anything?" Seriously? Maybe a hand-made card would be nice. A blade of grass in lieu of flowers, maybe, but to be questioned on if I really deserve it?!? I cook, clean, do laundry, pack lunch for him, take care all by myself of an insanely high-needs, fusssssssssssy kid who still doesn't sleep all night (she was 2 at the time, 5 now), and try to do so with a smile on my face! HECK YEAH, I deserved it, and I still do today, now with two kids. I haven't slept all night in over 6.5yrs, but he sleeps every night!

If he doesn't have anything nice to say today, I hope he doesn't say anything at all. Mother's Day always has a sour taste for me since that day. He refuses to apologize for it, too. He feels justified. Boy, if he could walk even 1/2 a mile in my shoes. He'd be so mad to be met with the hostility I face.

Happy Mother's Day to all the unappreciated mommies!
This made me so angry and sad. I am sorry for all the mamas in this thread who feel unappreciated today because that feeling is just the worst. You all deserve to feel appreciated and loved and honoured every day. Happy Mother's Day.

Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 06:34 AM   #12
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanbh View Post
No.....it's my DH's busiest day of the YEAR today(he's in the restaurant biz) and has been for past couple of years. I say to him not to worry about mothers day until a day later in the week as it's seriously so important for work and a big old bonus....so win win for us. He did flowers, card and a great gift card...then later in the week we will do meal out with kids etc.

Honestly, I've learned through the years just to tell him EXACTLY what I want as men do have a tendency to drop the ball, give weird gifts etc. So I would tell your DH .....maybe even in a few days so it's not so raw....that you were disappointed and would like xyz from now on. I'm sure he get's that you did a ton of stuff for Father's Day. They need to be told sometimes.....maybe not "right", but it's men 101.
Yes. I learned forever ago to tell dh what I want. My dh is great at showing love but not so great at cooking and cards. Today we are grilling because he can. I wont get a card or a present because I told him I didn't want anything and he takes me at my word .
I told him I didn't want to cook, clean, or change diapers. And thats what I am getting.
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #13
ulawolf
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Hugs. One year, when I'd been making breakfast one Mother's Day morning, I *asked* for a verbal Happy Mother's Day, since it seemed I'd been forgotten.. Sadly, I got met with, "I didn't forget. Do you really think you deserve anything?" Seriously? Maybe a hand-made card would be nice. A blade of grass in lieu of flowers, maybe, but to be questioned on if I really deserve it?!? I cook, clean, do laundry, pack lunch for him, take care all by myself of an insanely high-needs, fusssssssssssy kid who still doesn't sleep all night (she was 2 at the time, 5 now), and try to do so with a smile on my face! HECK YEAH, I deserved it, and I still do today, now with two kids. I haven't slept all night in over 6.5yrs, but he sleeps every night!

If he doesn't have anything nice to say today, I hope he doesn't say anything at all. Mother's Day always has a sour taste for me since that day. He refuses to apologize for it, too. He feels justified. Boy, if he could walk even 1/2 a mile in my shoes. He'd be so mad to be met with the hostility I face.

Thats sad . I'm sorry. Hopefully he will one day realize his harshness and make up for it
ulawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:38 AM   #14
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

That is a great point. Yep. That year, I sat down with dd and helped her make a picture for me. Yay for school and all the nice gifts they make for Mother's Day!

Glad you are teaching your boys the right thing to do!
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:40 AM   #15
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulawolf

Thats sad . I'm sorry. Hopefully he will one day realize his harshness and make up for it
Thanks. Fat chance, tho. But I've come to accept his ways, albeit with heavy heart. I just try to teach my girls that they should not be treated that way and that they are special and worth something!

ETA: since that Mother's Day, he's always gotten me something. It's not about the present, though! So totally about just being appreciated, to which no $ will ever compare.

Last edited by mommypockets; 05-12-2013 at 06:41 AM.
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:54 AM   #16
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
That is a great point. Yep. That year, I sat down with dd and helped her make a picture for me. Yay for school and all the nice gifts they make for Mother's Day!

Glad you are teaching your boys the right thing to do!

Aww, so sweet with your DD.....man you are getting me emotional today

Thank goodness kids can be sweet as pie and little hugs and kisses make it better
Old 05-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #17
NotLad
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Your h wins for "biggest *********"
NotLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:09 AM   #18
GreenHome Sewing
Registered Users
Formerly: Jonah Baby
seller
seller

My Mood:
This is why I don't understand why anyone gets married anymore.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:12 AM   #19
MrsTorres
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine is up all night too, so he's sound asleep right now and I have already gotten nastyness and attitude from all 3 of my boys. BF knows we don't have money for anything right now and we're not really the gifty types so I'll get a happy mother's day later if he remembers (which is unlikely until he hears me tell his mom lol) but Im ok with that because he makes up for it the rest of the time. Sorry your hubby dropped the ball
Old 05-12-2013, 07:22 AM   #20
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yup. and my kids. my dad is dying. I wanted to go to his home and do something for him. everyone knew to be up at 8 and out by 9 for the nearly 3 hr drive. its 8:20 now and all but one kid is still in bed and I have yelled 3 times. I am beyond ticked. no one said happy mothers day. no one gives a crap about anything but themselves here today. NOT HAPPY right now.
Im sorry you all had a bad time too