Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #21
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotLad

Your h wins for "biggest *********"
Ha! Right! On the insensitivity scale, he ranks pretty high.

I've come to the conclusion that he's somewhere on the autism spectrum, and his social skills just suck!

That said, he does show his love in other ways by being a wonderful provider. He works insanely long hours so that I am able to stay home with the kids. We want for nothing other than his time.

I tell him daily how much I appreciate him. I just wish he would learn to appreciate my efforts or at least acknowledge that I do a lot for our family, too!

He probably will have no idea/care that I've been up since 3:00 this morning with dd2, after only three hours of (interrupted) sleep. I finally fell back asleep at 6:00. Dd got up at 6:10. Bang head.

Hopefully, the kids will be easy today. Several years ago, dd1 gave me a 7.5-hr fit for Mother's Day. She took two 15-minute breaks within that time. No amount of cuddling, shushing, or coaxing would quell the fit. I really don't think I can take big fits today on such little sleep.

Oh. And I need gallbladder surgery. Lol. Now, I'm just rambling, but everything seems stacked up with potential for disaster today. Fingers crossed, ladies, that today is a happy day!

Advertisement

mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #22
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthmom
yup. and my kids. my dad is dying. I wanted to go to his home and do something for him. everyone knew to be up at 8 and out by 9 for the nearly 3 hr drive. its 8:20 now and all but one kid is still in bed and I have yelled 3 times. I am beyond ticked. no one said happy mothers day. no one gives a crap about anything but themselves here today. NOT HAPPY right now.
Im sorry you all had a bad time too
Oh, no, mama! Hugs.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #23
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:
Well it's only 6:20 am here, so what happens today remains to be seen. Although, DH did get up with the kids to let me sleep a little longer.

In the past I've had some bad Mother's Days, DH even forgot my first year of being a mom, so this year I made it clear what I wanted. Luckily for him I don't want any gifts or store bought cards, but I said that I expected to sleep in and that he would do the bulk of the childcare today. I also told him that if an effort to show appreciation to me does not happen today then I will go out on my own all day and show appreciation to myself
Old 05-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #24
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else disappointed by their husband on Mother's Day?

In our house we have an agreement that I am not his mother, so he doesn't have to do anything. And same thing for Father's Day. I don't do anything. Though we do both help the kids do something nice for whichever parent is being honoured. This morning I got a Feel Good Jar from my 7 year old son. It's full of little notes to make me smile when I'm having a bad day. Best gift ever!

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:38 AM   #25
PurpleFluff
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommypockets

Ha! Right! On the insensitivity scale, he ranks pretty high.

I've come to the conclusion that he's somewhere on the autism spectrum, and his social skills just suck!

You could try telling him it's a non-optional social convention. (Big Bang Theory reference...hopefully it brings a smile to someone. Hugs, Mama)

I won't get any cards or gifts unless I pick them out myself, but that's not totally DH's fault. He had planned on getting me something yesterday, but I was down with the stomach bug so he had the kids all day. And of course he is physically unable to leave the house alone with 2 kids, even though I do it all the time without him. And when I mentioned to him yesterday that it was 2pm and they still had on pajamas, he got all crabby and yelled at me that he did "everything" else, which meant feeding them and sitting in his recliner watching tv while they played. Oh and changed a few diapers. Somehow I manage to do all of that and also have them dressed by 10am at the latest! Not to mention laundry, etc. Hmmmm...I must be Super Mom to do all these things he just can't seem to manage.

Ok, maybe it is totally his fault that I'm not getting anything, lol.
PurpleFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #26
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else disappointed by their husband on Mother's Day?

As my husband shows me in ways throughout the year that he appreciates what I do, I don't really care about Mother's Day. He's deployed right now, anyway, so rather limited in what he can do for me. We figure that if you are treating each other right the rest of the year that is enough. For us, it is. For others, maybe not.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:45 AM   #27
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFluff

You could try telling him it's a non-optional social convention. (Big Bang Theory reference...hopefully it brings a smile to someone. Hugs, Mama)

I won't get any cards or gifts unless I pick them out myself, but that's not totally DH's fault. He had planned on getting me something yesterday, but I was down with the stomach bug so he had the kids all day. And of course he is physically unable to leave the house alone with 2 kids, even though I do it all the time without him. And when I mentioned to him yesterday that it was 2pm and they still had on pajamas, he got all crabby and yelled at me that he did "everything" else, which meant feeding them and sitting in his recliner watching tv while they played. Oh and changed a few diapers. Somehow I manage to do all of that and also have them dressed by 10am at the latest! Not to mention laundry, etc. Hmmmm...I must be Super Mom to do all these things he just can't seem to manage.

Ok, maybe it is totally his fault that I'm not getting anything, lol.
Love you, mama! You made me crack up! We LOVE to watch Big Bang!

One time, dh and I were in Vegas for a friend's wedding. We were chosen to ride in the limo with the newlyweds-to-be. From opposite the bride in the limo, dh waves and pretends to shout at her from afar. What does he greet her with?????? "Ahoyyyyyyyyy, ice berg!" ....because she was a mountain of white, of course. Bride replied through tears, "Are you saying I'm fat?!?"

Yes, social skills have escaped him for the large part!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:46 AM   #28
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We don't do mothers day but I feel its on the older children to choose to do something for mom, Not on my dh to do something
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #29
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

I just took the kids to dh and told him I want HELP for Mother's Day. I told him to get up, take care of the kids, and make breakfast. HA.

I took the baby to the potty and let the dog out. He can figure out the rest!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #30
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
I got big band reference. It made me smile.... sometimes wonder if some of us need to do it.