Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
ahblessedmama
Registered Users
seller

UPDATED with pic: Grovia prefolds vs thirsties hemp vs diaper safari trifolds

Has anyone used these? I have grovia and really like them but they are pretty thick, I've read the thirsties are trim. I always have to put a doubler in too, so trim and absorbent is a plus. Can anyone compare absorbency for me, trimness, dry time, etc?

I just remembered nighttime flips too, but they are all cotton so I wouldn't think they absorb as much?

I also like stay dry so the DS isn't a problem, and I would just put a liner on the thirsties/grovia.

UPDATE, my thoughts on all three:[IMG][/IMG]

Everything always depends on your specific child, no one has the same likes/issues, but my supersoaker has done well in all three, and I like them for different reasons. So far I think the absorbency is Grovia>DS>Thirsties. Thirsties is by far the trimmest option, but I have to use a doubler, so at that point it's the same as the DS. Grovia is definitely bulky, esp. since I have to fold down the front a bit as it's too long right now. Grovia washes out the cleanest/no stains, and my DS seem to hold onto stains for some reason. As far as dry time, they all dry pretty well on the line, I think the Grovia and DS take a bit longer than the Thirsties. They do well in the dryer too for me.

The Thirsties and the DS fit perfectly into Grovia shells, the Grovia is just a bit bulky, but can be done. The Grovia and DS fit great in my Diaper Safari covers, the Thirsties is just a bit too narrow.

I need to decide which ones to keep because my basket is way too full!

Advertisement

Last edited by ahblessedmama; 06-29-2013 at 01:25 PM.
ahblessedmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
blondeviolin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Grovia prefolds vs thirsties hemp vs diaper safari trifolds

This'll depend on your sizing. IME, the Grovia size 4 absorbs more Thirsties size 2, but it's also much bigger. I can fasten the Grovia and I can't do that with the Thirsties. The Thirsties are slimmer fabric.

I prefer the Grovia because I don't like being limited by only being able to trifold with the Thirsties.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
ahblessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Thanks, he's in a grovia size 3 right now, he's 7months and 20lbs, a little on the chunky side, and I think I'll be trifolding most of the time so the diapers are ready to go inside the covers.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

well I exclusivly used the diaper safri ones for the finial months of our CDing days.. What I like don't like about them

like the material very soft suade cloth and very soft bamboo cotton eaither side great against skin

assorbancy was super

liked I could eaither trifold or bifold or something a little between with ease

sizing wasn't 100% she was old enough that this wasn't any big deal but these are designed to be a two size length depending on which was it was folded but mine shrank into almost exact squares so not sure how one size fits most they really are.

lint balls some not all would get these little I'm guessing lint like balls inbetween the fabrics irritating.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
hollydawn
Registered Users
seller

I use a thirsties size one prefold in a grovia shell on the middle rise setting. My ds is 19 months, 22 Pounds. Trim and absorbent. Love it. Can't compare to the grovia prefolds though as I've never used them.
hollydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:26 PM   #6
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

piggybacking here to ask how these will line dry? I love my GroVia size 3s and they will get DS to the end of his diapering days, but I'm not thinking they will line dry well when we move....

I have a size 2 thirsties OTW that I bought with stash cash I forgot I had at Diaper Junction!

I probably won't bother with the DS as I don't care for sueded cloth, but if someone's going to tell me they line dry reasonaby quickly, I could be tempted to try...
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
ahblessedmama
Registered Users
seller

I haven't dried my grovia inside yet, but it dried pretty quickly outside, just as fast as my regular prefolds. Have you tried capri inserts? They are so thin they dry very quickly.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #8
ahblessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Anyone else have strong preferences between these? Thanks!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
lady longs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have tried diaper safari and thirsties. I would choose thirsties hands down. Faster drying time and trimmer. Also, I slightly prefer the feel of them and they lay flatter.

Currently working on...Leading my heart where it should go....not yelling....and practicing patience.
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #10
GodStillTalks
Registered Users
seller

I'm still prepping the diaper safari inserts I got. They are SOFT, both the bamboo side and the stay dry side. The edges do curl, but they are so soft and squishy that it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would because it squishes down.

They are much trimmer than the grovia prefolds that I have, but I can't speak for absorbency. I'm hoping they fold too a good size to fit as pocket stuffers and in our grovia.