Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
Tambelina
Registered Users
seller

How absorbant are prefolds?

I just put my 13mo in a Diaper Rite unbleached prefold and Thirsties Duo Wrap about 20 minutes ago. I did it with the basic angel wing fold and a snappi. I figured I'd check him in 2 hours and see how it held up if he doesn't leak before then.

I would change his pocket diapers every 2.5 to 3 hours. I have a hard time believing he'll last that long in just a prefold and cover since he needed a 6-layer hemp and 3-layer bamboo insert for his pockets. I know I can put doublers in there, but I was wondering how long prefolds last for you guys.

Advertisement

Tambelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
ashleyg103
Registered Users

Re: How absorbant are prefolds?

My boys are 11 months I change them every 2 hours and the prefold is usually only half wet we use either premiums or medium unbleached prefolds.
ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It probably depends on whether or not your child is a "heavy wetter". Personally, I found that PFs on my son, once he was over 6 months old, were not adequate in the daytime unless I added a doubler (folded in half) to the front. If I trifolded them, they were fine as well.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:33 AM   #4
Tambelina
Registered Users
seller

Well, I just changed him again and he hadn't leaked. The outside of the prefold was just barely wet and the inside of the cover didn't feel wet at all, so I just reused it. Now, I'm trying the trifold with the front of the diaper folded down because it's too long for the cover. It seems a bit bulkier that way, but I'm still liking this better than pockets, so far.
Tambelina is offline   Reply With Quote