Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

We have had so many things for daycare this year. Started off with pockets, then switched to AIOs (4.0s and then Freetimes) but I our DCP never changed enough because of the stay dry. We went to Nanas Bottoms but the fit isn't great and we got a lot of leaks. We switched to covers and prefolds or flats, but the covers (Bummis and Thirsties) aren't a great for either and are too big for DS, he's in between sizes.

We are switching daycares when I go back to work full time (vs 2 days a week) and I know I'm not going to want to wash and fold flats every day. I'm wondering if we should go back to AIOs, that's what DH is pushing for. We have about 8 Simplex and 8 BGE. I would prefer the BGE because I like them better, but now I don't know how many more we need and I should get the new ones or look for the older model...feel like this is getting too complicated!

I also just got a few used AMPs that we really like and fit great, but I don't like having to unstuff from the front. I was considering Applecheeks instead because then at least there's no in stuffing at the end of the day, but then we're starting from scratch with a whole new stash again. WWYD??

Advertisement

Last edited by Dancy Baby; 05-15-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Dancy Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #2
emboyd88
Registered Users
seller

Re: Stash insanity! Help me figure out daycare diapers!

i use pockets with my ds at daycare and they seem to work well . I would see if you could request changes every 2 hours or something if you feel like he wasn't changed enough before. I suppose there is no guarantee, but i think the pockets are easiest for people hesitant with cding. did you destash your pockets?
emboyd88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #3
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

Yup sold off all our 4.0s! I guess I could always get more now during the sale though, I'm just not sure I want to stuff every wash load. I wonder how many I'd need if I only wanted to wash every Wed and Sat? We have enough other diapers that it wouldn't be an issue for weekends. I'm sure I have enough flats to stuff with too.

Oh and I guess my other option would be to get more AMPs, but then I have to deal with the front opening pocket that I don't like!

Last edited by Dancy Baby; 05-15-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

I always recommend BG 4.0 or equivalent for daycare. I like that the absorbance is customizable for pockets. Sorry, no recs for an AIO.

I am curious, how did the DCP change their habits after you switched to non-stay dry AIOs? I told the DCP to stick their hand into the pocket to check instead of feeling the inside part. Even through a glove you could feel the wetness.

I second the suggestion that they should change every 2 hours no matter what. I had a period of time where I asked for every hour because my daughter was peeing a lot.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #5
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

He was obviously changed more after we switched to cotton diapers. We're changing DCPs and the new one is used to cloth, our first DCP was not.

I'm actually not sure she even checked his diaper for a couple hours after we dropped him off because the first diaper of the day would be literally sopping wet in the wetbag
Old 05-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
dealdiva
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We use (old style) BGE for day care, with a liner. They change him at least every 2-3 hours regardless of wetness. (I get a little chart that shows when he was changed and if it was dry, wet or dirty). Works great for us!

Good luck!
dealdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #7
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

I just checked, we have 7 BGE and 7 AMPs....odd numbers, I hate that!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #8
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

In the past, I've used both BGE's and 4.0's for daycare. I had a little doubler that I tucked under the flaps on the BGEs and I stuffed the 4.0's with Flip organics to make sure they would last between infrequent changes. Both worked well for us.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #9
Dancy Baby
Registered Users
seller

So maybe a combo of BGE and 4.0s would be okay then. If I got 12 4.0s I'd likely have enough for 3 days, right!?
Old 05-15-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
d_arnold
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If you need stay dry I would go with BG 4.0. That's what we use at daycare. I can only imagine what they would do if we sent prefolds and flats. They'd be so confused! Haha
Wife of 6 years to DH, Momma to DD (3), and expecting Baby Girl #2 in May 2015
d_arnold is offline   Reply With Quote