Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Baby2pls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Geffen Flats vs Geffen Hemp Inserts vs Thirsties Hemp

Hey mamas!

I'm wanting to add more hemp to my stash since it's so trim and absorbs so much. I currently have Geffen flats that I've just been padfolding in Flips or 4.0's. Does anyone have hemp experience they can share? Below is what I am considering and would love opinoins!

- More Geffen Flats (at about $7 each) - pad folded creates 8 layers of cotton/hemp jersey
- Geffen Quick Absorbers (at about $3.50 each) - 5 layers of cotton/hemp jersey
- Thirsties hemp inserts (at about $4.50 each) - 6 layers of cotton/hemp jersey

Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #2
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Geffen Flats vs Geffen Hemp Inserts vs Thirsties Hemp

Have you considered the Geffen Prefolds? They are AMAZING. My stash pretty much now is all Geffen Hemp Jersey prefolds and covers. We are getting great reviews too of the absorbers but I personally have not used those.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #3
Baby2pls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabuki24 View Post
Have you considered the Geffen Prefolds? They are AMAZING. My stash pretty much now is all Geffen Hemp Jersey prefolds and covers. We are getting great reviews too of the absorbers but I personally have not used those.
I would love the prefolds - but wouldn't they be bulkier when trifolded than the pad folded geffen flat or insert? Do the quilt up? How many layers would they be when trifolded? Any pictures? (Sorry for all the q's)!!! I have plenty of regular prefolds that I use for snappi-ing, so I'm mainly looking for inserts for my pockets.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #4
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby2pls View Post
I would love the prefolds - but wouldn't they be bulkier when trifolded than the pad folded geffen flat or insert? Do the quilt up? How many layers would they be when trifolded? Any pictures? (Sorry for all the q's)!!! I have plenty of regular prefolds that I use for snappi-ing, so I'm mainly looking for inserts for my pockets.
Yes, I do think they are more bulky than the flats but not terribly. They don't quilt up per se, but they do shrink down a bit after washing. I'm not sure how many layers, I suppose 6 though if trifolded because all four sides are sewn together (gosh I hope that makes sense). I can get pics for you.

The Thirsties Hemp inserts, I think you'd have to use 2 most of the time, they are SUPER trim, and I'm just not sure that one would be enough to use for an AI2 system. I generally use the size small for doublers for naps.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #5
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any of the Geffen ones but I have the Thirsties. They are really trim in my Flip covers and I can get away with using just one at home since my dd is a really really light wetter. I wouldn't do it when we go out just in case but I bet she would be fine then too. Now I am tempted to try the Geffen ones since they are cheaper though.

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #6
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have the Thirsties size Large and they are so nice and trim in a cover. These are my favorite hemp insert. I use just one, but plan on changing more often than if she was in a diaper like a BG Elemental.

The Geffen I didn't care for as much. Not as absorbent as the Thristies, and the size of the Thirsties fit better in a cover for me.

I haven't used the Geffen flats.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:05 PM   #7
maliroo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have Thirsties hemp prefolds and they are SO trim yet So absorbent. I use them for night with a bamboo doubler and on their own for outings! Can't comment on the others...
Old 05-16-2013, 04:32 AM   #8
foggierbard9
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We used a Geffen Baby flat on our almost 1 year old DD coverless yesterday and it held 1 pee without leaking and no doubler. I think I have fallen in love with them.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
nicolehedges
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Loving our Geffen flats for naps/nights/outings as doublers.....probably won't use them as flats until squish is here in August. If I remember right, the jersey prefolds are 4 layers thick.....at least the XS.....the other sizes might differ though. I am super curious about the hemp fleece from Geffen...might order one of those to test out....

nicolehedges is offline   Reply With Quote