Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

Accessorize me!

OK Mamas. I think I've got my stash pretty well planned out in terms of diapers, but now it's time to start thinking about accessories. I'd love opinions.

What I have followed by what I need (or questions about what I need):

Diaper pail:
Tall trash can w/lid for a diaper pail. I liked this for DD so I saved it.

Pail Liner:
I have one large Bummis pail liner that is PUL with a drawstring. This bag leaks out the bottom really bad. I'd like to get at least one new liner that doesn't leak. It would need to fit my tall trash can.

Wet bags:
1 bummis wetbag for outings with a zipper and snap for hanging from the stroller.

I really like this wet bag. I think I need 1-2 more. What's your favorite wet bag for outings? What size?

Diaper bag:
I have a shoulder bag that I like, but it was already a hand-me-down when I got it and is starting to rip.

I think I would like one that converts to a backpack since I will be a mother of two. I figure the more hands-free I can be the better. Suggestions? I pretty much hate everything I've seen at Babies R Us.

Wipes:
Plain flannel wipes
BabyKicks Hemparoo Wipes

I've actually lost track of most of my wipes since my daughter potty trained and they've gotten thrown in the regular laundry. I liked the BabyKicks textured side, but I found the other side too rough to use on her skin. The textured wipes were a big hit with my husband and the daycare, so I'm look for something similar. I'd love a good two sided wipe. Recommendations? How many should I get? Assume I am starting from scratch.

Diaper fasteners:
Snapis - small

I *should* have about 5 snapis, but right now I'm only seeing 2. More will turn up I'm sure, but should I get a couple more? How many Boingos should I get? My stash will be mostly snapless fitteds and prefolds with AIOs for outings. So, I dipes will need to be fastened with snapis and boingos 90% of the time. I am not a fan of trifolding, I like those suckers snug! LOL

Wool wash:
I have CJs wash/lanolin solution. The bottle cracked and it has likely gone bad. Recommendations for a good wool care system? I will have only 2 wool soakers, I *may* buy one more after the baby comes if I'm really liking the wool. I do plan to get more wool as baby gets older.

Diaper cream:
I don't have any cloth diaper safe diaper cream. Recommendations?

Am I forgetting anything??? TIA for your suggestions.

Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I can't comment much on the rest of your items but I LOVE the CJs large twist up tubes for general rash prevention/slight redness. Super easy, cd safe, and the scents are so yummy! We also have a grovia magic stick at daycare which works well but without the vanilla cake scent, lol. They last forever, too.
I have a random wetbag that i got in a trade - its just big enough for one OS dipe and some wipes, has a snap strap and dry pocket. I freaking love it bc it's just big enough but has all the "bells and whistles."
Old 05-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
kokerson9
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DottieHarley
I can't comment much on the rest of your items but I LOVE the CJs large twist up tubes for general rash prevention/slight redness.
^ <3 our CJs stick too!

I actually use plastic grocery sacks as our wetbag if our one is dirty.
kokerson9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Diaper Palz for pail liners. We have 2 and they rock. She's a WAHM, very affordable, and coupon code DSMAMA gets a discount.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:46 AM   #5
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for the suggestions! I will look into all of them. Especially the WAHM pail liner since I'm not currently happy with mine.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #6
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Accessorize me!

I'd love more help and suggestions. Especially with the wipes and wool wash.