Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-31-2013, 08:15 AM   #1
lostincloth
Registered Users

Lotus Bumz

Zulily has a sale today on Lotus Bumz... Anyone familiar with this brand? Do you like these diapers?

Advertisement

lostincloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lotus Bumz

They are china cheapies- not sure what they are selling them for but I wouldn't pay more than $6ish for these.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:42 AM   #3
beet1e
Registered Users

I'm not familiar with that brand. Just an FYI, if you order something, your next order comes with free shipping.
beet1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No idea either, sorry :/

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
OctBaby
Registered Users
seller

I purchased some a year or so ago and ended up selling them because I wasn't impressed with the quality. I'm sure they'd work fine, but I don't think they would last through multiple children
OctBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
Namiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I actually think the quality is pretty good on these diapers. I have Alvas, Sunbabys, and Lotus Bumz and I'd say Lotus Bumz are quite well made compared to the other two. I've had snaps break and fall off with my Alvas and Sunbabys but my LB are still going strong with quite a bit of use. The crotch area is a bit wider (even more so than BG I think) but there is one more row of snaps which lets you get a smaller fit on the rise. They are great for double-stuffing for the night. If you are interested in comparison pics, let me know!
Old 05-31-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
superbeans
Registered Users
seller

When ever someone talks about Lotus Bumz I always hear them say they are really just Alvas. I've also seen comparison pics and they certainly have the same patterns... But on the Lotus Bumz website it claims they are american made. Anyone have any more insight into this? Is the website lying? Or does the woman behind Lotus Bumz make some change to the diaper so she feels she can call it American made? I'm really curious. I always hear the diapers on zulily are mostly just Alvas and I wonder, how exactly does that work?

We bought Baby Beehinds on zulily once.... which claimed to be Australian made and of course has the good ol' made in China sticker.
superbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
Namiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbeans View Post
When ever someone talks about Lotus Bumz I always hear them say they are really just Alvas. I've also seen comparison pics and they certainly have the same patterns... But on the Lotus Bumz website it claims they are american made. Anyone have any more insight into this? Is the website lying? Or does the woman behind Lotus Bumz make some change to the diaper so she feels she can call it American made? I'm really curious. I always hear the diapers on zulily are mostly just Alvas and I wonder, how exactly does that work?

We bought Baby Beehinds on zulily once.... which claimed to be Australian made and of course has the good ol' made in China sticker.
The diapers say "Designed in USA, made with love in China"
Old 05-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
superbeans
Registered Users
seller

Hmmm but even that doesn't make sense... How is she designing them? Like how is she actually altering the diaper in anyway. Everything looks exactly the same. Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have wondered it every time!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:16 PM   #10
superbeans
Registered Users
seller

Okay so just to answer my own question after a lot of googling they really are completely Alvas with no changes. The only thing is a different label. I had no idea that so many companies were doing that!! It feels sketchy to me. Even though its completely legal, seems like cheating somehow... thanks for the help! Now I'll know not to buy diapers off Zulily haha.