Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-03-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Subchorionic Hemmorage

I know this topic has been discussed and Im not new to it, as I had one with my first DS. But I am 7 weeks pregnant and have another one

I went to the ER at 6 weeks (Memorial Day) due to some bleeding. Not SUPER heavy, but bright red. Ultrasound showed a perfect bean with a heartbeat and a small SCH.

I had a small one with DS that fixed itself but after a loss in December, everything scares the crap out of me. It was only that one day with red blood... then I had a few days of brown spotting. Now Im down to every other day I have extremely light light brown discharge... not even enough to get on my underware... just see it a bit when I wipe.

No cramps... but Im paranoid and the slightly colored discharge still makes me nervous. I had a 2nd U/S 2 days after the fist and the ech said it was still small and she wasnt the least bit concerned. I dont have my first visit with my OB until friday when I am 7 weeks 6 days... doing the standard initial U/S,labs and meeting with the RN...so i dont even get to see the DR.

Logically i know if its not red and im not cramping its fine, but it still wigs me out.

Advertisement

Last edited by swrlgrl105; 06-03-2013 at 07:34 AM.
swrlgrl105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #2
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Subchorionic Hemmorage

Even if it's not a big bleed, I think the concern is still understandable. Any kind of blood or spotting is startling during pregnancy!

I have a fairly significant SCH & bled kind of a lot about 2 wks ago. I've been on bedrest since, & last week the initial bleed was larger & they found a 2nd. I had another appointment today & found out that both bleeds had shrunk quite a bit. They're keeping me on bedrest a bit longer, but I'm hopeful this will improve soon. Both the boredom of bedrest & the worry are making me crazy!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have an 8 week U/S on Friday... my OB said as long as i felt ok and wasnt actively bleeding it shoudl be fine. They just want to look to see if its in the way of the placenta developing. If its obstructing some of it, i will have more frequent monitoring until it goes away, if its not near the placenta, we just hope to have no more bleeds until it heals up.

Can they even see the placenta at 8 weeks? I need some peace of mind.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:55 AM   #4
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I feel you. Having a SCH can be very scary. I had one in all of my viable pregnancies. I have had two losses but not sure if I had one or not. With every pregnancy, oddly enough they bled out at 10 weeks. With ds2 it was fairly large and was seen at 5 weeks. The other two were unexpected. We were actually surprised to see a healthy baby due to the amount of blood and clots I lost this time around. Not fun. Hang in there and big hugs mama.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:57 AM   #5
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

And they can see the placenta at 8 weeks.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:57 AM   #6
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolansmama View Post
And they can see the placenta at 8 weeks.
thanks for the encouraging words.... now you can see why Im dying to get the doppler from you haha! I need the peace of mind. SO glad to know they can see the placenta at 8 weeks! I dont remember that part from when I was pregnant with DS.

In addition to the loss I had in December... this is also an IVF baby so we tried for awhile and traveled pretty far each time for a transfer so we worked sooooooo very hard for him/her.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:40 AM   #7
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, through this whole thing, the Doppler has really been a comfort. I try to not be too obsessive about it (I'd listen every day if I could ), but I've been doing weekly appts w/ u/s & Doppler, so then once or maybe twice during the week DP wants to hear the hbs.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #8
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
Yes, through this whole thing, the Doppler has really been a comfort. I try to not be too obsessive about it (I'd listen every day if I could ), but I've been doing weekly appts w/ u/s & Doppler, so then once or maybe twice during the week DP wants to hear the hbs.
Going by your ticker, youre having twins??!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #9
GrazieGirl
Registered Users
seller

I bled for 11 straight weeks with my SCH, often times bright red and gushing. Talk to your doctor about what circumstances they want you to call, come in or go to the ER so you have a plan. I was lucky in that I was 14 weeks when mine started so I could feel him moving even at the worst of it. He was full term and is now a happy, healthy 17 month old. Hang in there mama, it sucks but things should be fine.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:06 AM   #10
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrlgrl105 View Post
Going by your ticker, youre having twins??!
Yup, so excited! It doubles the anxiety about the SCHs, though.