Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2013, 08:23 AM   #11
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Subchorionic Hemmorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrazieGirl View Post
I bled for 11 straight weeks with my SCH, often times bright red and gushing. Talk to your doctor about what circumstances they want you to call, come in or go to the ER so you have a plan. I was lucky in that I was 14 weeks when mine started so I could feel him moving even at the worst of it. He was full term and is now a happy, healthy 17 month old. Hang in there mama, it sucks but things should be fine.
OMG! 11 weeks??!! That must have been horribly scary for you, but so glad everything turned out alright! The one I had with DS and the one I have now are small... or at least it was small last week, and no more red blood, so hopefully it stays small/ is shrinking. Thank you for the encouragement... im sure it will be ok, but like I said, everything makes me nervous... ugh! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
Yup, so excited! It doubles the anxiety about the SCHs, though.
Congrats! we did IVF and put 2 embryos back so we had a chance of twins, but its only 1... I have always wanted twins. I love the idea of them always having each other and that amazing bond.

Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
Monkey317
Registered Users
seller

I have a sch with this pregnancy, and had a loss in November so I know how scary it is! I had spotting since I found out I was pregnant (about once a week, only when I wiped once) and had some brownish, almost orange discharge around 9 weeks. Ultrasound showed a tiny bleed but the tech and doctor weren't concerned. One week later as I was driving to my normal checkup I started gushing red blood. Ultrasound showed a healthy baby and still a tiny bleed that was closer to my cervix now. It was red the next day or two and then turned to brown spotting and discharge. That lasted 2 weeks and then It stopped for 4 days. Then the brown spotting came back till I was 19 weeks. As long as its not red it's typically a sign that it's healing and your body is trying to get rid of it. Don't ever feel bad about calling your doc and having them check it out. A few people made me feel bad at my ofc, blaming my concern on the fact that I had a miscarriage. Not comforting at all! I'm dealing with a few issues currently because of my sch, but every case is different and I hope yours heals quickly and becomes something you don't have to worry or think about! Good luck momma
Monkey317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #13
GrazieGirl
Registered Users
seller

How did your ultrasound go mama?
Old 06-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #14
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
How did your ultrasound go mama?
It went really well thanks the tech said she didnt see anything "significant" and wouldnt even say if she actually saw one at all...from what i coukd tell...i didnt see any signs of it either, but am still being a bit cautious...but overall feel very relieved! Thank you all for the words of encouragement
Old 06-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #15
GrazieGirl
Registered Users
seller

Good news! I'm happy for you, I remember how relieved I was when mine was finally gone.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #16
crunch!910
Registered Users

I had one. Very, very minor, but still, seeing bright red blood, and then brown blood/spotting for up to a week after, was terrifying. I was certain I was miscarrying that first day. I didn't go to the ER because I knew they couldn't stop it and I hate hospitals. My dr did get me into an ultrasound a week later, but there was no more sign of the SCH. No more problems after that. It's terrifying. ((hugs)) I hope everythign turns out well!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #17
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Update: The ultrasound that I had last week where the tech said she didnt see much, apparently she was wrong.

I went back in yesterday for a little spotting and the let me have an U/S for peace of mind. Turns out there is still a small one, and she confirmed that it was under a "portion" of the placenta" as she put it. She was going to notify my OB of the findinigs and she (the tech) didnt seem too concerned. Im going to ask to have my OB call me today with her opinion. It was small compared to the size of the baby... so im not TOO worried, I am just concerned where is under some of the placenta.

Im worried that if it is still there once the yolk sac is gone that the baby wont get enough nutrients or it will cause some horrible issue.

Has anyone had an issue like this were it was under some of the plancenta?
Old 06-13-2013, 05:41 AM   #18
GrazieGirl
Registered Users
seller

Talk to your doctor, rest as much as you can and drink lots of water. DO NOT SPEND YOUR DAY ON GOOGLE. It'll be okay mama.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:42 AM   #19
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Talk to your doctor, rest as much as you can and drink lots of water. DO NOT SPEND YOUR DAY ON GOOGLE. It'll be okay mama.
Thank you
Old 06-13-2013, 06:12 AM   #20
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrlgrl105 View Post
Update: The ultrasound that I had last week where the tech said she didnt see much, apparently she was wrong.

I went back in yesterday for a little spotting and the let me have an U/S for peace of mind. Turns out there is still a small one, and she confirmed that it was under a "portion" of the placenta" as she put it. She was going to notify my OB of the findinigs and she (the tech) didnt seem too concerned. Im going to ask to have my OB call me today with her opinion. It was small compared to the size of the baby... so im not TOO worried, I am just concerned where is under some of the placenta.

Im worried that if it is still there once the yolk sac is gone that the baby wont get enough nutrients or it will cause some horrible issue.

Has anyone had an issue like this were it was under some of the plancenta?
They haven'e been super specific about whether mine were under the placentas or not...one of the SCHs is right between the babies...their caution was that if it grew larger it could compromise either or both placentas. The other, larger bleed is a little odd. It's primarily anterior, but kind of wraps around & the u/s shows some bleeding wrapped around to the posterior as well. Baby B's placenta it at the top of my uterus, primarily posterior, but does wrap around a bit to the top & anterior. There is a small amount of overlap, I could see it on the u/s, but there was no indication that it had compromised blood to the placenta.

I have another u/s today, so fx for good news!