Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Digestive Upsets, Very Frustrating!

It seems like everything I eat lately does not sit right. Some things give me indigestion or heartburn, others a stomachache or gas and sometimes even nausea. I'll wake up in the morning with a stomachache many times, when I haven't even eaten anything in hours. I know its not because I'm hungry though, because when I eat it seems to get worse. Its getting soooo annoying and frustrating!! I don't eat heavy meals or a lot at once, I take digestive enzymes, I drink tea to settle my stomach and avoid acidic foods, yet I still have seem to get daily digestive upsets.
I guess I just wanted to vent, but I also hope that maybe someone has some great miracle advice for me.

Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 09:28 AM   #2
nolansmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Digestive Upsets, Very Frustrating!

Have you tried Zantac? Your stomach sounds a lot like mine and Zantac does wonders.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolansmama View Post
Have you tried Zantac? Your stomach sounds a lot like mine and Zantac does wonders.
No I haven't tried Zantac yet, only Tums as far as medicine goes. I drink ginger or peppermint tea quite often and try to avoid certain foods but just nothing helps. Some things help a little but I never get complete relief it seems. I usually try to go the natural way first, but if this keeps up I think I will be giving Zantac a try. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieMarieVDV View Post
No I haven't tried Zantac yet, only Tums as far as medicine goes. I drink ginger or peppermint tea quite often and try to avoid certain foods but just nothing helps. Some things help a little but I never get complete relief it seems. I usually try to go the natural way first, but if this keeps up I think I will be giving Zantac a try. Thanks!
I tried "natural" things first too but the zantac (we got the generic, it works and it's cheaper) was the only thing that worked at all.
ISO/IHA!
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
90924teeth
Registered Users
seller

My dh recommends Gaviacon and that was the only thing that worked for me.
90924teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Thanks! I think I may try one or the other because I feel like I'm not eating enough (because of the stomach issues). So you just take it when you have a digestive upset, right?
Old 06-13-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
I was the same way for years before finally being diagnosed Celiac. Since taking gluten out of my diet all my issues have resolved. I can even eat stuff that I couldn't before without getting sick (eggs, tomatoes) because my gut is no longer inflamed from the gluten exposure.

So I would definitely recommend looking into food allergy testing! Many people go undiagnosed because they attribute their symptoms to other things.

Heather- Wife to 1, Mom to 5!
80lbs lost & counting!
Sent using DS Forum
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:19 AM   #8
*TinyJoys*
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcrossTheUniverse View Post
I was the same way for years before finally being diagnosed Celiac. Since taking gluten out of my diet all my issues have resolved. I can even eat stuff that I couldn't before without getting sick (eggs, tomatoes) because my gut is no longer inflamed from the gluten exposure.

So I would definitely recommend looking into food allergy testing! Many people go undiagnosed because they attribute their symptoms to other things.

Heather- Wife to 1, Mom to 5!
80lbs lost & counting!
Sent using DS Forum
Actually, I did food allergy testing with my ND and I am intolerant to wheat/gluten. I know its a big part of the problem but I just find it so hard to stay away from! I don't think I have Celiac, as far as I know. Ugh... I know I should eliminate wheat at least, but it doesn't bother my husband and he hates GF food. So there would be GF food and non-GF food in our house and its still too tempting to eat the non-GF stuff. I know I just need more self-control.