Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Emotionally feeling defeated..

I'm 39 weeks today. I've been having pre/early labor for the last 3 weeks...but really bad for the past 2 weeks. I was in l&d a week ago having contractions, they said I was in labor but to go walk and see...nothing changed so I was sent home. Continued to contract off and on for a few days..then had a couple quiet days and started contracting again Sunday. I'm so exhausted physically and mentally. My ribs are very bruised, the acid reflux is still bad to the point it makes me sound like I'm a 90yo chain smoker. My emotions are up and down all day. I feel bad for my family. I'm an emotional mess.

I cried because I was so tired yesterday that I didn't even want to cook lunch. I physically couldnt. I ended up crying while making my ds a pb&j. Ds has been a pitb all day today...been really whiny. I'm so ready to lose it. I hate this. I have never felt like this with my last 2 pregnancies.

It scares me because I feel like just because I feel like this now I'm pretty much doomed to get ppd after baby is born. I'm already feeling depressed.

:'( I'm so done. I want to be my old self again. I'm sure my kids miss me. Any suggestions? I need to find relief soon.

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
MsBurrows
Registered Users
seller

Re: Emotionally feeling defeated..

Do you have anyone who could watch your kids for a day or two, or even just a few hours. So you can spend some time focusing on just you. My pregnancies go on what seems like forever towards the end, and when the contractions come on day after day, it is exhausting and so emotionally draining. When I was 42 weeks with number 3, I left my kids with a good friend for a sleep over, and took a benedryl and a nap. When I woke up, I was finally rested enough that I think that's what finally sent me into actual labor, and it was only an hour or two of napping.

http://heathenhomesteader.com/
MsBurrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd say don't stress about PPD. I have felt really awful at the end of my pregnancy and after giving birth it was like I'd been released! Even though I wasn't getting much sleep, etc., I was SO HAPPY NOT TO BE PREGNANT ANYMORE! There was no hint of PPD. I could see that coming in your case - the contractions and sore ribs will be gone, that baby will be finally in your arms, you'll be able to stand up and move around a lot easier, etc, etc.

You're almost there mama. Hang in there. And get someone to take your kids - you need a rest.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #4
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh hugs! If you can get a break from the kids, take it. If there is something you would enjoy doing, go do it.

I am only 36.5 weeks and am feeling like I am walking a line of sanity. It was NEVER like this with my other 3 pregnancies. I told DH, "You know that saying: I am woman. Hear me roar. Well...meow."
Old 06-12-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:
Well at my appt today the ob confirmed that I have prepartum depression. :-/. It explains all the crap I've been feeling. She doesnt wasn't to medicate until baby is born though, mainly because she doesn't want to expose baby to anything, plus I only have 6 days left.

Its very upsetting.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
ktktbird
Registered Users

My Mood:
I had depression and was able to keep it at bay w/o meds (not saying you shouldn't later, but since you are going to avoid them until after baby is born I thought I'd offer my 2 cents...)
Be kind to yourself. Understand that you just need to get by and figure out things that will help *you*!
Get friends or family to help with the kids or meals, pop in a movie and take a nap, ask DH to put the kids down so you can take a long bath and go to bed early.
It's hard to ask for help but very worth it for you and your kids.
Hope you can find a way to get the help that you need.
ktktbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Look into getting your placenta encapsulated. It would be a better alternative to taking meds because it is said to be a way to treat ppd and according to my friend it helped her with it (had it with first pregnancies and tried it with her last and didn't have it). I hope you have your baby soon and can change your mind around by knowing it is finally done!
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:44 PM   #8
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

If you do get your placenta encapsulated, make sure you stay in communication with your care provider about your ppd symptoms. Placenta encapsulation doesn't work for everyone, and PPD is not something to delay treatment for. The normal hormonal baby blue stuff should resolve by 2 weeks postpartum. Anything after that that's interferon with your ability to function should be taken seriously and treated with evidence based protocol.
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyM&W
Well at my appt today the ob confirmed that I have prepartum depression. :-/. It explains all the crap I've been feeling. She doesnt wasn't to medicate until baby is born though, mainly because she doesn't want to expose baby to anything, plus I only have 6 days left.

Its very upsetting.
I am sorry to hear this, but please know that you are not alone. I have had prepartum depression since about 12 weeks along. My OB prescribed me the lowest dose of Prozac (25 mg) and I have felt like a new person ever since. He says prepartum depression is much more common than many know and is becoming more recognized. He says women whom suffer from it are more at risk of postpartum depression as well, and the medication can head that off. Those out of control moments, weeping, feeling hopeless and overwhelmed are gone for me now and I can breast feed on this dosage and medication as well. There are safe things you can take if necessary. Big hugs and I hope you get relief soon!