Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
Sugar&SpiceX3
Registered Users
seller

Surprise Pregnancy and PPD?

We recently found out we are expecting and while it wasn't planned, we are now excited. I was thinking today though and I guess I kinda had a little anxiety moment thinking about having a preteen and three littles when some days I already feel overwhelmed. I don't want this to come of like we don't love this baby already, because we do, but I'm a little more worried about PPD this time around because it was a surprise. Is there studies or links that show that PPD is more prevalent with unplanned pregnancies? I should say that I have not had it with any of my children, maybe just a bit of baby blues after my first though. I guess I just have more apprehension this time around and it's freaking me out.

Advertisement

Sugar&SpiceX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
Reuben Christopher
Registered Users
Formerly: unbreakableangel
seller

My Mood:
Re: Surprise Pregnancy and PPD?

I mama I know tends to have bad ppd. Like bad. But this time she kept her placenta and ingested it (sounds gross but she was desperate) and has felt great! No ppd issues and she was in good spirits. I have heard from a lot of mama's that it works wonders. You can either find someone local to encapsulate it or you can cut it up, freeze it and add it to smoothies ( I'm not sure I could do that but it's what my friend did). Good luck!
ISO/IHA!
Reuben Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't know about studies, but anecdotally my first 2 were a surprise and I didn't have ppd. I did struggle with situational depression and anxiety attacks immediately prior to the first pregnancy.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a friend who also had success with placenta encapsulation. With her 2st she had PPD, so she had her placenta encapsulated after her 2nd and had no problems and was actually also able to breastfeed the 2nd time around (has something where it is almost impossible to bf).
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #5
Lifeisjoy
Registered Users
Formerly: Chatt-townmommy
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not sure about the ppd but wanted to say I'm in the same boat. I just found out I am 6 weeks and a surprise. I was very upset and did not want to be preggo right now. I am slowly getting used to the idea still
Mama to Malachi(12/31/08) and Micah(8/13/11) and with #3!
Lifeisjoy is offline   Reply With Quote