Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #21
Scarlett's mommy
Registered Users

I nurse wherever I am. Sometimes in a wrap sometimes "uncovered". I put quotes because I am almost always wearing a nursing tank under my shirt so no one can see anything. I've nursed in restaurants before in tables and booths and tables are by far more comfortable than booth but you can make it work where ever.

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 09:27 AM   #22
mamacita1222
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2macht4
I breastfeed whereever I am even in restraunts and I do not use a cover. If people are offended by a nursing child then they are the ones who can sit in the comforts of their home, not me.
Exactly! Occasionally I try to use a cover for a bit more privacy and to minimize distractions, lately the cover has become the distraction and DS wrestling with is is really just drawing more attention. No one has ever had the balls to come and tell me they were offended. Sometimes my friends' husbands/boyfriends are awkward about it, but never offended.
mamacita1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #23
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:
I hated using a cover, I felt much more discreet without one. Quietly unbuttoning my blouse and slipping babe onto the breast was very easy and never drew attention. His head covered everything worth seeing, and I had a few people come and talk to me without noticing he was nursing! AndI nursed EVERYWHERE.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #24
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

For me personally bottles are for when I'm not there, so breast.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #25
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
I don't pump so I don't bottle feed.

I'm getting better at nip. If I was seated discreetly in a restaurant, I'd have no issues.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:37 PM   #26
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+2macht4
I breastfeed whereever I am even in restraunts and I do not use a cover. If people are offended by a nursing child then they are the ones who can sit in the comforts of their home, not me.
Yup. Both my girls have never had a bottle so we BF wherever we go.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #27
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Breast or bottle in a restaurant?

As many others have said, nursing in a booth is less exposed but so cramped that it can be unfeasible. Table with a chair that's movable (ie not those attached chairs at some fast food places) is much more flexible. Sitting near a corner with your back to the rest of the restaurant provides a fair amount of privacy. Same idea works even at the mall food court, which can be an intimidating space for body shy moms to nurse in.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #28
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani_p View Post
I nurse everywhere... and I'm too lazy/forgetful to bring a cover (plus my daughter hates being covered). I usually wear a cheap camisole under my shirt ($3.50 "disposable" ones from Wet Seal or Forever 21)... Shirt up, cami & bra down, and no one can see a thing! Even with my giant 36E's to contend with.
Yup, I have been wearing camisoles under my shirts for the last 4.5+ years since my DD was born. That way my back and belly aren't exposed.

My babies don't take bottles happily, so it's NIP all the way.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #29
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

I hate pumping so it was always just boobs. When ds was tiny I would just do it where I was already sitting, positioning my clothes/his body so that I wasn't hanging out for MY comfort.

As he got older and more distractible I would get up from the table and find a quieter area if he really needed to nurse. Back to the car, a hallway, out a side exit if the weather was nice.
Old 06-14-2013, 11:49 PM   #30
peep_erz
Registered Users
seller

from your responses I think I'll just nurse her. I think I am more afraid of accidentally hitting the baby on the table or dropping my bamboobie or something weird. I don't care if I accidentally flash somebody. Lol.

I've only used my cover once and I felt so awkward in it. I may use it for my grandparents sake. They are kind of modest and might feel more awkward than me in the cover.
peep_erz is offline   Reply With Quote