Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Prenatals and cravings

Just something I have noticed with this could be completely unrelated, but with my first pregnancy I was super vigilant about taking my prenatal vitamin but had a really hard time eating healthy and ended up gaining a lot of weight. This time so far I have been pretty forgetful about my prenatals, which I tend to feel bad about, but I have noticed that I am eating and craving way healthier foods this time. I find myself eating a ton more fruits and vegetables, turning down non healthy for healthy options, etc...It could be because I know better but I tend to not have great self control in the eating department so it seems like a funny coincidence. Any thoughts?

Hilary, loving Charles, mama to Charlie 1-21-12 on the way in December!
Sweet Bunny Upcycled woolies available on Etsy!
And my vintage shop!
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Prenatals and cravings

It might have been the prenatals you were on.

I am taking Rainbow Light ones this time around and my cravings are not really there. I take them everyday though. I also stalled out with my weight gain to the point that now I am starting to consume higher calorie things because I would rather loose it after the baby, then have a LBW baby. Yeah I am a bit neurotic, but with an unexplained child loss I get like this.

Maybe you just needed a better prenatal, or your body is creating one in you if you don't.

Oh and I was on Duet DHA before. So hardly a vitamin that I thought would be bad. Just synthetic.
Jennifer (39) - Wife since 12/2003 with 5 children - 3 waiting for me in heaven , and 2 delighting me everyday ! Lymphoma survivor and mother to baby born post pelvic radiation!
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
I've taken prenatals vigilantly with 2 pregnancies and never had real cravings, but both ate fairly healthy.

Maybe you're just more aware.
SAHM to Magnolia May (09/10) and Luke Russett (04/13) and wife and best friend to my airman.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:05 AM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:
With my first it was lemonade & icecream, second was fries & icecream. Haha!
I always like carby stuff.
Only 5 weeks w/this one & wanted pizza- but I really want to eat better during this pregnancy. Only problem is the smell of meat cooking is turning me off. (As usual)
mama to three sweet, rough & tumble boys who always keep me on my feet:
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote