Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #1
takemetog
Registered Users

My Mood:
When do you tell people you're pregnant?

With my first two babies I told friends, family, and co-workers I was pregnant before my first trimester was up because logistically I had to. But this time I'm a SAHM, I don't have to tell people and because this one was unplanned and there is some shame, I don't really want people to know. Still though I feel somewhat like I'm lying when I see my friends and I don't tell them. What do other people do? What do you do?

Advertisement

Old 09-23-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Jillypants
Registered Users

Re: When do you tell people you're pregnant?

Don't tell people until your comfortable. If your feeling shame, and I'm sorry you are, then wait until you have come to terms with the pregnancy. However, maybe sharing this with an encouraging friend or family member would help?
I have always shared good news first to the people I would share sad news with as well...does that make sense?
Jillypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #3
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
I agree. Don't worry about it. With my last pregnancy, I felt good about it but still didn't tell any friends until around 4 months I think. We didn't tell family until 12 weeks and friends well after that. Many women choose to wait so you don't have to hear, 'how are you feeling?' Every time you see someone.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by takemetog View Post
With my first two babies I told friends, family, and co-workers I was pregnant before my first trimester was up because logistically I had to. But this time I'm a SAHM, I don't have to tell people and because this one was unplanned and there is some shame, I don't really want people to know. Still though I feel somewhat like I'm lying when I see my friends and I don't tell them. What do other people do? What do you do?
We did the same with out first 2. With our last we wanted to keep it private and did until 13 wks or so. I would have not told anyone if I could have. I just wanted everything to be private. This time around there is some element of oh my goodness what will people think? I am not looking forward to the well you know what caused this and blah blah blah.

I am finally getting a little excited. I have been bringing dh down the last 3 weeks and my attitude has sucked. I think once more people know it will be better.

Hugs. You aren't alone!
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
takemetog
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you for your responses. Everything is so off-balance in my life right now it is hard to look at things logically. I guess not telling isn't the same as lying. My brother-in-law is living with us and as I don't want him to know and our house is small, I can't talk to DH about anything regarding the pregnancy. Fortunately DS1 has been asking for another baby A LOT the last few weeks; of course when brother-in-law hears this he always say "Oh no, I don't think you want that!" ha ha ha. I can't wait until brother-in-law leaves.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
2LittleLadys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my first 2 I was working and everybody knew within 2 weeks of me finding out. Now since I don't work a lot, we are waiting till at least 12 weeks. We have been trying for almost 4 years and want to make sure this one sticks.
Old 10-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We told everyone with our first 2 right away, this time we told at what we thought was 10 weeks but I was actually a week off on my date.
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:46 PM   #8
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

We told my parents and I told my sister/BFF. We will wait and tell others around 20 weeks if we can wait that long. I'm pretty sick with my pregnancies so I wouldn't be surprised if DSD or MIL figured it out.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #9
skcsarah
Registered Users

We've always told close family and friends right away, except with our last baby. We chose to do that because our kids were still a little young(4,5, and 6) so to spare them the long wait, we didn't tell them until we had a sonogram and we didn't want to tell anyone until they knew, so every one didn't know.

This time, everyone was told early, it's just how circumstances worked out. I didn't think I was pregnant, I was taking tests every day and they were all negative. DH left town super early on 14dpo and I took several tests the day before to make sure, before he left, that I didn't have news. I didn't get a positive until AF didn't show on 15dpo and my sisters were visiting, so I blurted it out to them. So as soon as Dh's airplane came in, I wanted to surprise him and the kids found out at the same time. So now, every one knew except a couple of sisters and my parents, therefore we had to tell the rest of them shortly after.