Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Vegan or diet friendly cheesecake

Had to share. Just previewed this for a dinner party this weekend with one vegan guest. The texture is not as creamy as cheesecake, but we also didn't eat them cold just at room temp. The taste was excellent. I used a graham cracker crust made with earths balance and topped with strawberry sauce (homemade also- just went strawberry picking). Also just used dairy vanilla yogurt since it was a preview. I'll have to go to the health food store for the soy yogurt to make it vegan for the dinner party. Oh it doesn't say how much stevia to use. I used half a packet of truvia (so 1 teas of sugar equiv) and it was perfect.

http://www.includingcake.com/2013/04...eesecakes.html

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
Nandis
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Vegan or diet friendly cheesecake

That sounds SO yum and I have coconut milk yogurt in the fridge... I just have to get coconut flour. I wonder if just finely ground dried coconut would work? maybe I just have to go to the store later. Thanks for sharing!
Nandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vegan or diet friendly cheesecake

my dd was allergic to coconut until recently so we just started doing stuff with coconut. The flour acts as the thickening agent. If you got dried coconut ground good enough it would probably work, but my processor isn't good enough for that.