Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Nursed/ nursing 4 kids well past a year.

No issues with not pumping affecting supply/nursing relationship.

mommy24babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:29 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
I woh after dd1 and I stopped pumping ay 15 months, she continued to nurse until 35 months.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 17, Seth 10, Pandora Moonlilly 6 and Nevermore Stargazer 3, married to my awesome sahd artist husband of 7 years
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #13
Registered Users
I am currently nursing a 15 month old and working >40 hours a week. I just recently decided to stop pumping at work and instead just make sure to nurse before I leave in the morning and as soon as I get home. He still nurses like normal and days off and weekends so I don't think my supply has been too affected. I feel full but definitely not engorged or uncomfortable by the end of the day. I just had enough with the pump and am ready to stop, but not ready to wean. My employer had no problems with me pumping, the problem is that work has been too crazy busy for me to step away and find the time.
Wife. Midwife. Mother. Not necessarily in that order depending on the day!
dudleypippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #14
Registered Users
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I nursed both kids after returning to work when they were a year old, and did not need to pump. I simply nursed in the morning, right when we got home, and again before bed.
This was the case for me too, except after a couple of months back, I dropped the after work session too. I did mornings and evenings until she was 22 months and have done just evenings since then. I will admit, I never had anything in the way of supply troubles though.
suprgrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #15
Registered Users
Re: WOHMs who breastfed toddlers

Originally Posted by PurpleDaffodil View Post
Has anyone run into an issue with pumping at work after they are 12 months due to the law? I would like to continue to pump, but my employer isn't the most supportive and the law states your employer only has to allow time for you for the first year.
If your employer has an issue with pump-specific breaks, perhaps you could pump on your lunch break. That way it isn't an extra break. You could always quickly hand express a little bit a few times a day to relieve any discomfort as your body adjusts.
judeysmama is offline   Reply With Quote