Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Belly Support Belt Suggestions?

my belly feels tired a lot. Often by the end of the day (or mid afternoon). This morning it feels tired already (though I think it will pass).

Do you think a belly support belt would help? Why did you decide to get one? Do you have an recommendations?

I am 18 weeks.

Thanks

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Belly Support Belt Suggestions?

I don't have a lot of experience with belly supports, but I got a Blanqi for this pregnancy, and it has made a big difference. It's comfortable to wear and just looks like a camisole under my clothing - no velcro or straps or anything. They're a little pricey, but for me, it has been worth it! (By the way, this is a blanqi tank, not the new "bumped" by blanqi - that doesn't have the same support level.)

Good luck with your search!
Old 06-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cricket~ View Post
I don't have a lot of experience with belly supports, but I got a Blanqi for this pregnancy, and it has made a big difference. It's comfortable to wear and just looks like a camisole under my clothing - no velcro or straps or anything. They're a little pricey, but for me, it has been worth it! (By the way, this is a blanqi tank, not the new "bumped" by blanqi - that doesn't have the same support level.)

Good luck with your search!
What issue did you solve with getting the support?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Old 07-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #4
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was having low back, hip, and some belly pain/tiredness. This is baby #7 for me, and #6 was not much fun. By supper time most days I was exhausted and really sore. Now I feel fine all day, unless it's in the wash! (I've started handwashing it at night so that it's ready to wear the next day.)
I don't know if you've seen them, but it's like a really snug stretchy camisole, with extra support under the belly and over the back. It has a section over the upper belly that's softer/thinner to allow for comfortable belly growth. It is an extra layer to wear through the summer, which isn't so fun on hot days, but I definitely feel like it's worth it. I'd rather be a little extra warm than deal with that soreness, myself.
I've also done prenatal exercises daily from 10 weeks on (was doing a regular exercise DVD daily before morning sickness hit) and that has also helped the aches and my overall energy level quite a bit. Erin O'Brien is my favourite, but I'm sure there are other good ones out there.

Last edited by ~Cricket~; 07-01-2013 at 07:24 AM.
~Cricket~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Interesting thought about the layers. Currently I am still wearing the lower band pants/shorts. Last pregnancy I liked the mid level ones, but I think because I was in a lot better shape my belly was firmer and they worked okay. This time it gives me funny bulges and it less comfortable. I figure eventually I will start using the high waisted maternity pants (eventually the low band because uncomfortable the first time around so assume it will happen again).

I suppose that wouldn't help any with support though-- but then its two extra layers over the belly. That doesn't seem good either. I was thinking as I went on my noon walk today that I do need some support to be comfortable.

Are you able to wear a belly support band and high waisted maternity pants? Or what do you wear instead?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #6
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, I'm wearing high the full panel maternity pants with the support cami now at 30 weeks. It also helps keep my pants on. I wore my own low-cut jeans until about 24 weeks or so, because the blanqi kept them on too. It smooths out the lumps and bulges pretty well.
Here's their website:
http://2shop.blanqi.com/pages/learn
Old 07-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So you where the support band over the pants right?
Old 07-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #9
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

UPDATE: Initially high waisted maternity pants were enough support. That only lasted a few weeks. Now at 21 weeks I am good with the It's You Babe Mini Cradle and even the Target Be Band.