Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #11
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
[QUOTE="McDMom". Then, and this is key, run a rinse with NO spin. This gets the diapers all wet and heavy again. Then I run a heavy duty hot wash with extra rinse.[/QUOTE]

I am similar, i have a 4ish yo samsung fl.
I do a rinse and spin cycle with no spin, no detergent. Then a heavy duty hot was, xtra was xtra rinse, high spin, with a scoop of charlies. Then a spin only which gets out xtra water. We have had great success with this - mix of aios, pockets, pfs and washing twice weekly.

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #12
MrsCCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: fl washer diaper routine

I've been trying to figure out my Samsung too and found this tonight! It has suggestions for several different FL's on what cycles to use with Rockin Green. Seems very similar to what a lot of the PP's said

Basically, Rinse + Spin with extra rinse, Heavy Duty wash with extra wash & extra rinse. Another Rinse + Spin with extra rinse.

http://rockingreensoap.desk.com/cust...oader-database

Do any of you mamas have hard water? I'm trying out Calgon to see if it'll help get my dipes cleaner but am not sure where it's most helpful to use it. Do I add with detergent or put in the softener tray for the rinse? Or both? And full capful or half for a FL?
Old 07-08-2013, 01:26 AM   #13
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
We have an LG Tromm. Here's my routine.

Add medium load amount of detergent to detergent tray. (I use whatever HE detergent is on sale)
Washer is set to:
1st Prewash (automatically cold)
2nd Permanent press
Hot/cold
Soil level is high
Spin is extra high
Extra water

When that's done I add bleach to the detergent compartment (1/8C - 1/4C) and just do a cold rinse with extra water and extra high spin.

I then put in the drier on medium for 60 minutes.
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #14
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have LG one and do pre-wash (wash in it) and then regular cycle. Hot wash cold rinse, heavy soil, and high spin. detergent and clorox 2
Old 07-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #15
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCCW
I've been trying to figure out my Samsung too and found this tonight! It has suggestions for several different FL's on what cycles to use with Rockin Green. Seems very similar to what a lot of the PP's said

Basically, Rinse + Spin with extra rinse, Heavy Duty wash with extra wash & extra rinse. Another Rinse + Spin with extra rinse.

http://rockingreensoap.desk.com/cust...oader-database

Do any of you mamas have hard water? I'm trying out Calgon to see if it'll help get my dipes cleaner but am not sure where it's most helpful to use it. Do I add with detergent or put in the softener tray for the rinse? Or both? And full capful or half for a FL?
Add calgon with the detergent, it helps the detergent work better. I use a tablespoon of washing soda for my diapers and it works great!
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:19 AM   #16
MrsCCW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcurrie View Post
Add calgon with the detergent, it helps the detergent work better. I use a tablespoon of washing soda for my diapers and it works great!
Thanks for the suggestion! Where do you get your washing soda? I'd love to try some out!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #17
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCCW

Thanks for the suggestion! Where do you get your washing soda? I'd love to try some out!
I'm in canada and ordered it from well.ca, I'm not sure where you could buy it in store though.
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #18
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was super worried about that too. My mom just got a FL. I washed diapers over there for the first time last week (on the sanitize cycle with a tide pod, plus pre-wash and extra rinse cycle options added) and it worked fine, no problems at all except waiting FOREVER for it to be done. I'd say don't stress yourself until you have a problem

To get extra water you can choose the bedding cycle I believe.

Last edited by NewMommy6111; 07-09-2013 at 09:47 AM.
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote