Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2013, 02:10 PM   #1
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Three. Help.

My son just turned 3. It's like someone flipped the crazy switch. He's wild! Won't listen, won't eat, wont share. What happened to my sweet toddler?!?!? Help?

Advertisement

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Three. Help.

My boys tend to go through phases like this, and I always think I've done something to ruin them. :P Usually they get past it and go back to their normal selves after a few weeks. Just make sure you're as consistent as you can be and don't let him get away with stuff!

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 4 little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #3
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
While my DD is not yet 3 (give us a couple more months), I agree with the pp.

From what I understand about 3, they assert additional independence and check boundaries a little more than before. DD is headstrong and has already started, but we just stay consistent and enforce those boundaries.

People sometimes say that 3 is harder than 2. Silly little kids trying to show their individuality.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
menthomas
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
All I have to say is you have my sympathies. 2 is nothing compared to 3.
menthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #5
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

DD turned 3 in March & I swear the [even more] terrible 3s started by 2.75 for her. She's like Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde. She alternates between being an incredible sweet, affectionate girl & the least rational 13 y.o. I can imagine. Consistency, logical consequences, as much independence as you can stomach (I'm terrible at this!), & your own patient demeanor might help. Otherwise, an occasional babysitter &/or copious amounts of wine are necessary. And by the time you're done, you'll probably understand why some species eat their young
Old 07-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
Happy Mommax4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
3 is the new 2
Old 07-07-2013, 04:55 PM   #7
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I will take several 2 yr olds over a three yr old any day. Horrible 3s are awful.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
DD turned 3 in March & I swear the [even more] terrible 3s started by 2.75 for her. She's like Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde. She alternates between being an incredible sweet, affectionate girl & the least rational 13 y.o. I can imagine. Consistency, logical consequences, as much independence as you can stomach (I'm terrible at this!), & your own patient demeanor might help. Otherwise, an occasional babysitter &/or copious amounts of wine are necessary. And by the time you're done, you'll probably understand why some species eat their young
Ugh. I agree. 3 is hell. DD just turned 4 and I'm *starting* to see there might be some hope but very little. DD1 was like this well into age 5.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #9
dancermommy1
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
Haha! I guess it gets better or people wouldn't have more than one??

Please Visit my ETSY store benefiting women and children in poverty! http://www.etsy.com/shop/conspiracyoflove

YOU can make a difference in developing countries, one precious child at a time! http://conspiracy-of-love.blogspot.com
dancermommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #10
Katie Mae
Registered Users
seller

Oh good. I'm glad to hear all this. DH and I are going crazy with our 3 year old DD and finally had decided it must be some "phase" again. Even though it doesn't make it easier when she's having a tantrum, I'm just glad to know lots of other people are going through it too...