Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
epaashaus
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Toe Nail Freak Out

My three year old daughter is very ticklish and likes to be tickled to a certain point but her feet are off limits! They are so ticklish that we can't touch them. So when we go to cut her toe nails she flips out. Screams, cries, fights as hard as she can to get away. She has always been like this but the older she gets, the worse it gets. I painted her toe nails for her birthday and she was able to hold still and let me touch her feet for that so i know it is at least partially in her head. She loved having them painted so much i thought "ok i will just reward her with painted nails whenever we need to cut them." she is too smart and when i told her we could paint them again after we cut her toe nails she cried and said she doesn't want her toe nails painted anymore. Bribery does not work with this kid!

Any one else had this problem? How did you overcome? Help! These nails are getting gross and i just don't want to pin her down for it again!

Advertisement

epaashaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #2
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

I do my kids when they are asleep.
Old 07-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
craigwick
Registered Users
seller

Re: Toe Nail Freak Out

Well, I don't know if I was like that as a toddler, but I do have the same foot issues as your DD - my feet are off limits (as is my neck...and while it may all be in my head as well, it is very real!) Any chance you can teach her to use the clippers herself (I have some nice, kid friendly ones that are made of chunky, non-slip plastic) so that she is in control?
Old 07-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I let them watch, and pick which nail to do next. And its better immediately after baths.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote