Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
xande
Registered Users

If you've had 2+ in diapers...

How old were the kiddos? And when did the older one potty learn?

Advertisement

xande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
I have 2 kids & oldest is like 27/28 months. There has been glimmer to potty train but not a lot to go on right now as I'm nursing & like only one here to help. I don't want her to have accident because I couldn't help her so maybe get the 2 for 1 potty train later.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
Kimmiecello
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: If you've had 2+ in diapers...

My oldest was 2 years 9 months when my twins were born. We had attempted some potty learning before the babies arrived to no avail. Once he turned 3 (and the babies were 3 months) we started getting serious about the potty. It took about 6 weeks before he was peeing in the potty, and another month before pooping. He still has accidents, but were 90% there. I clearly will have 2 in diapers for another 2 years probably.
Kimmiecello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
Solomon's Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kids are 16 months apart. DS (oldest) was completely out of diapers at 25 months and DD at 23 months.
Solomon's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:02 PM   #5
vivid
Registered Users
seller

Bump for more replies! I'm soon to have a newborn when the oldest is 19 months. We have t started any kind of potty learning here.
vivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

My second DD is 22 months older than DD3. I started with cloth when DD3 was 8 months old, so DD2 was 2.5. It was another 10 or so months before DD2 was potty trained.

And now, DD3 is going to be 3 in September, and DS will be 1 in October. So I only had a few months where I only had one in diapers before another showed up. I don't anticipate DD3 potty training before 3.5 either. She's still completely non verbal and while I am sure that she could pick up the sign for potty pretty easy, she is showing no signs of wanting to potty train. She knows the sign for diaper but has yet to use it to tell me she needs to be changed. Or actually, to use it in any self initiated manner.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:18 PM   #7
MommaKatie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD was 16 months when DS1 was born. She day potty trained at about 20 months. DS1 was 19 months was DS2 was born and he day trained at 26 months. DS2 is 17 months and no where near potty training. DS3 is due any time so I expect a minimum of 6 months of two in full time diapers.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
revolekim
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've done it twice. DS1 was potty trained at 2, but when DS2 was born two months later, DS1 decided he didn't want to use the potty anymore. He went back in diapers for a few months, and then even when we starting PTing again, it took him until he was 3 to fully train. So DD was born when DS2 was 2 and 4 months, and I WAITED. He didn't show any interest in training until a few weeks before he turned 3, and then he PT'd in a few days. Much better than a year!

Liz , wife to Mike and semi-crunchy mama to 3 going on 4 happy, healthy little ones: Gehrig the Jedi Knight (04/08), Logan a.k.a. "Pigpen" (06/10), princess pumpkin Katie Rose (10/12), and chipmunk Lexi (06/14)
::::::
revolekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am on my third go around with 2 in cloth.

Ds1 was 19 months when ds2 was born
Ds2 was 28 months when dd1 was born
Dd1 was 20 months when dd2 was born currently 2 and 3 months.

My boys did not pl until 3 yrs old. Dd1 wil sit on the potty but has not actually done anything. She turned 2 yesterday.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #10
NicholsNook
Registered Users

I had heard that it is better to wait with boys so I didn't worry about starting with my son until he was almost 3. I think we started about a month before he turned 3. It took about a week before he understood that if he didn't go when he felt an urge, he would have an accident. Once he understood that, everything was rosy for the most part and he has been daytime potty trained ever since! At first we had him wear underwear at night, too, and he did actually very well with that for a few weeks, having only maybe one accident a week, but then suddenly it seemed like he was wetting the bed every single night so we just went back to diapers at night and sometimes during naps. I have a mom friend with 11 kids and she says not to worry about nighttime bedwetting boys - they just have immature bladders and they will grow out of it eventually! So I will just keep him in diapers at night until it seems that he has stopped wetting.
NicholsNook is offline   Reply With Quote