Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
Cammieneko
Registered Users

Quadruplets in CDs?

Hi.

I have seen, in the past, a mother asking about diapers for quadruplets, but I haven't been able to find a thread where diapering quads is really discussed more.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has successfully diapered quadruplets, and how the experience was. How many diapers did you end up getting? How many did you go through a day? How was it to wash all those diapers?

I currently have 60 prefolds and 21 pocket diapers with inserts, but I'm working on expanding that. I's like to hear from any multiples moms how it was for you, though! I'm anxious and wondering what I can expect.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

Cammieneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
Jackalopekat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Quadruplets in CDs?

Wow! I do not have experience to share, but I would just like to say congratulations and good for you for considering cloth!!! Quads!!!
Jackalopekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
Jackalopekat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have multiples...I only have the one actually...have you seen the blog post about cloth diapering triplets?

http://actualjenny.com/triplets-in-cloth-diapers/

I guess my 2 cents would be, are you good at stuffing? I don't mind it so much and in my spare moments I stuff pockets. It doesn't take much time, but multiples take so much of your time and energy you may not want to spend any of your precious "extra" time stuffing. Same thing goes for prefolds, time. Prefolds and covers are a two step process; to me it was like putting on two diapers every change - the prefold and then the cover. You will be changing your quads a lot - something to consider. Some people love prefolds. They are certainly easy to wash because they are cotton. I compromise and use prefolds to stuff so no microfiber stink for me.

I love cloth and I am committed to it for a lot of reasons - waste reduction, cost savings, it being better at containing leaks and blowouts, less chemicals on baby, etc. But I will say this - it IS more work. It takes more effort to go rinse out a poopy diaper, remember to wash every other day along with all the other laundry, trying to figure out hard water, detergent and washing machine problems, etc. It is more work but I think it is worth it. That being said, quads will be a lot of work...and a LOT of laundry! However if you want it to work, I bet you can make it work. Good for you and good luck!
Jackalopekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Cammieneko
Registered Users

Thanks I will check out the link. I'm also going through KristinC's threads she started since I found she was one who diapered quads.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #5
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow! Congratulations and good luck :-) I would think your best bet would be a streamlined system of either trifolded prefolds/padfolded flats laid in covers (for easy laundering and cost efficiency) or AIOs (easy to put on and spray). I would think around 60ish diapers would be all you want...that will allow for half in the wash at a time. You will average a load of diaper laundry a day I'm sure...
Old 07-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #6
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No advice. Just congrats and good luck I'm sure you can make it work, and it'll be a huge savings!
Old 07-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #7
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
I have toddler and 5 month..i have 40 diapers. I just found out after doing diapers I love are delamminating...cry! I think I would do few more out I had to redo. So congrats and good luck. 2 in diapers is more than enough for me.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #8
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Congrats and I would definitely get flats and pockets and covers.

I would pad fold the flats and lay them in covers. And I would also pad fold the flats (or prefolds if you don't like flats) and stuff the pockets for when you need to change quickly.

I commend you for doing cloth on quads!
Are you having boys or girls?
Sarah-B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #9
Cammieneko
Registered Users

So far we know for sure A is a girl and C is a boy, but the other two either have legs crossed or the cord is hanging down between the legs. So stubborn. I go for my 18 week scan tomorrow, so hopefully they can see something while I'm there for so long.

I also get to go to the diaper service's place tomorrow afterwards to pick up a few bags of pre-loved prefolds. Can't wait
Old 07-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #10
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammieneko
So far we know for sure A is a girl and C is a boy, but the other two either have legs crossed or the cord is hanging down between the legs. So stubborn. I go for my 18 week scan tomorrow, so hopefully they can see something while I'm there for so long.

I also get to go to the diaper service's place tomorrow afterwards to pick up a few bags of pre-loved prefolds. Can't wait
Is this your 1st pregnancy? And how awesome that you get at least one of each gender!! Is it strange to ask you to post a belly pic?! I am just fascinated by multiples
Sarah-B is online now   Reply With Quote