Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
fuzzball
Registered Users

Diaper/pull-up hybrid?

I'm looking for recommendations for a cloth pull-up that is as absorbent as a cloth diaper (i.e., good for an hour or two, not just one pee).

DS is not even two yet, but he likes to try to use the potty. He's succeeded a couple of times, but mostly just sits and tries. It's getting old having to bring him back into the bedroom to get the diaper back on him EVERY TIME. I just don't have that kind of time! So I figured pull-ups would be the best idea, but I want them to be absorbent like his BumGenius diapers. Any ideas/experiences? What do you like/dislike about the ones you've used?

Advertisement

fuzzball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Have you looked at Antsy Pants?
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Diaper/pull-up hybrid?

Superundies are stuffable and pretty absorbent. Easy to pull up and down too.
Cleokatrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
lauras3pumpkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy Flute are side snapping pocket diapers and they work amazing as pull-ups too. There are groups on FB that do co-ops for them. They also have a B/S/T group. You can get them really cheap-$3-$5 each through co-ops. They are made in China.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Could you just have him wear the BG and leave it a little looser at the waist so he can pull it up and down or help him get it up and down?
Old 07-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #6
fuzzball
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by carverjill View Post
Could you just have him wear the BG and leave it a little looser at the waist so he can pull it up and down or help him get it up and down?
I'm going to give it a try -- that's a great idea. I'm not too hopeful, though, since he's pretty chunky and there's not much wiggle room! As soon as he's asleep, I'll be checking out the rest of the suggestions too.

Thanks all! It's been a few years since I've had to look at diapers so I'm totally out of the loop! Any other recs, good or bad, are more than welcome!
Old 07-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We just started using Sandy's and love them! Dd is beginning to potty learn and these are easy to pull up and down. They do require a cover but we just throw one on if we are leaving the house or for naps..
kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
fuzzball
Registered Users

Our BGs' velcro isn't cutting it.
I love the Antsy Pants! That's exactly what I was looking for. Except the price.... Wondering if the resale could make it worthwhile, since he's my last one.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #9
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Snap EZ trainers. Antsy pants and grovia trainers would also probably work. if you like that style snug boutique in canada (ships to us) WAHM makes similar for less $$.

You could also setup a small station in the bathrooms for diapers. We had a changing pad on the floor of the bathroom for a while. Maybe with a small bin in case the diaper you take off is wet.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 07-10-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My ddling is chunky as well and so far, none of the trainers I've bought have worked for us. So far we've tried kissaluvs, flips, grovia, happy heiney, imse vimse , and superundies. Not one of those is easy to pull up and down over chubby thighs. I decided to make my own. The superundies were the easiest of the bunch but they are too expensive for my tastes.
Cleokatrah is offline   Reply With Quote