Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
Registered Users
Help me find the right trainer

I'm trying to find a naptime solution for my 3 year old. She's daytime and nighttime trained (with a wake up at 10 to go potty) but we are still struggling at naptime.

I'm looking for a fairly absorbant trainer that she can pull up and down herself but will hold more than the "oops I'm starting to go" accident. We tried the grovia ones but they're a tad snug (would probably work better with the extended tabs). Any suggestions?

She's around 35 lbs and in a size 3T (ish)

Last edited by emilysusan; 07-09-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: added size
emilysusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Help me find the right trainer

My son uses Snap EZ fleece pocket trainers at night and we like them. You can stuff them with the absorbency you like. He uses size large and he is 3T, 38lbs. The top 2 snaps on the smallest setting and just started using the wider snap for the leg setting.

If you want feel wet, Motherese bedwetters or super undies nighttime might be the way to go... They hold around 20oz though which might be a couple pees so maybe too much? You also may be able to get away with calling them undies if you like that feature.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 07-09-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:

The Bummis ones I've used worked well for this. I guess it depends on the child but ours could easily hold one if not two accidents.
BummisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
Registered Users

I've liked Sprout Change trainers but you could try just a Gerber trainer with a doubler or 2 under fleece or wool shorties if you already have some.
SAHM, homeschooling mama to 5 crazy munchkins.
MomBecks is offline   Reply With Quote