Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2013, 12:46 AM   #21
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why???

With my son, the week before he was born, I'd have contractions every 5-7min for a good 6-8 hours. Then, the second the sun came up, the contractions would fizzle out. On a friday morning, when I was 39w0d. I just melted. I cried and cried while being held by my mom. I was so tired and just done. After a good hour of crying, I emailed my doc to let him know that I was sick of being pregnant and I'm sick of not sleeping because I was contracting all night.
Finally I collected myself and went on a walk around the mall (DS was born in winter, too cold to walk outside) and about 30min into the walk, while walking into Macy's, my water broke!!!! HELLO!
Labor was only 2.5hrs!

Advertisement

trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:56 AM   #22
weazieann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more View Post
With my son, the week before he was born, I'd have contractions every 5-7min for a good 6-8 hours. Then, the second the sun came up, the contractions would fizzle out. On a friday morning, when I was 39w0d. I just melted. I cried and cried while being held by my mom. I was so tired and just done. After a good hour of crying, I emailed my doc to let him know that I was sick of being pregnant and I'm sick of not sleeping because I was contracting all night.
Finally I collected myself and went on a walk around the mall (DS was born in winter, too cold to walk outside) and about 30min into the walk, while walking into Macy's, my water broke!!!! HELLO!
Labor was only 2.5hrs!
Oh I hope this happens!
I had contractions the week before with my son but they didn't hurt or cause dilation, I guess I was/am too optimistic.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #23
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
I had a lot of false labor with my first starting at 36 weeks. He was breech and I was induced after an ECV, so I don't know when I would have started labor naturally. But I would have contractions every 10 minutes for hours at night and the more tire I got the worse they were and I couldn't sleep at all. My midwife finally recommended taking Tylenol pm to help me sleep so I wouldn't be too exhausted for labor. Once I got a good night sleep they calmed down a lot. It was frustrating because they would only start at night when I was resting and relaxing and trying to sleep. Walking made them stop instantly. Maybe try taking something so you can at least be more rested if labor starts?

My i-devices are out to get me, please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #24
weazieann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momEmac View Post
I had a lot of false labor with my first starting at 36 weeks. He was breech and I was induced after an ECV, so I don't know when I would have started labor naturally. But I would have contractions every 10 minutes for hours at night and the more tire I got the worse they were and I couldn't sleep at all. My midwife finally recommended taking Tylenol pm to help me sleep so I wouldn't be too exhausted for labor. Once I got a good night sleep they calmed down a lot. It was frustrating because they would only start at night when I was resting and relaxing and trying to sleep. Walking made them stop instantly. Maybe try taking something so you can at least be more rested if labor starts?

My i-devices are out to get me, please excuse mistakes.
Mine are more during the day, ALL day, and painful then between 8-10 they stop.
I have laundry to do today so hopefully going up and down the stairs will cause something to happen! :-)
Old 07-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #25
miriamleigh
Registered Users

I found that calcium /magnesium supplements calm a cranky uterus. They also seem to help birth pains. I took them with DD2 and wasn't sure I was in labor. I walked to labor and delivery and said "I'm pretty sure you're going to send me home". The midwife checked me and answered "well, you're 7 centimeters so I'm pretty sure you'll have a baby in 20 minutes!" I compare that birth to going to the drive through to get a baby!
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:31 AM   #26
weazieann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by miriamleigh View Post
I found that calcium /magnesium supplements calm a cranky uterus. They also seem to help birth pains. I took them with DD2 and wasn't sure I was in labor. I walked to labor and delivery and said "I'm pretty sure you're going to send me home". The midwife checked me and answered "well, you're 7 centimeters so I'm pretty sure you'll have a baby in 20 minutes!" I compare that birth to going to the drive through to get a baby!
So they should help keep my contractions going?
Old 07-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #27
bazil323
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I see the last post was yesterday, so you may already be in labor or have had your baby (hopefully!), but just in case:
Yeah, calcium & magnesium both help with muscle & nerve function, so they help your muscles work better and actually can make the contractions less painful. Just avoid magnesium oxide because it isn't absorbed very well, so that can cause diarrhea (the better absorbed stuff like magnesium glycinate is much less likely to cause diarrhea). Red raspberry leaf tea is also great for helping your uterus have more productive contractions (it tones it, so works best if started earlier in pregnancy but may help you anyway), and it has lots of great essential minerals & vitamins to help support labor.

Sex and nipple stimulation can help produce contractions, and the prostaglandins in semen can help soften your cervix so that it dilates better. Nipple stimulation (try pumping or get hubs to do some foreplay) helps release oxytocin which helps get contractions going and start the labor cascade of hormones.

Walking, going up & down stairs, bouncing/doing pelvic tilts/just sitting on an exercise ball can all help open your pelvis so that the baby can descend & help your cervix dilate by putting pressure on it. Squats also are great for this. You can try doing some belly dancing as well; some say the original purpose of belly dancing was to prepare for labor.

And then if you are getting over-tired, that may be slowing your progress, so you may need to seemingly take a step back and make yourself get some rest. Sounds counter-productive, but if you are really tired, it may just be the thing you need to really get things going. You can try having a glass of red wine which relaxes you & your muscles, including your uterus, so you can hopefully get some sleep. Hopefully when you wake up your body will have more energy to put into going some productive contractions going!
bazil323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #28
weazieann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil323 View Post
I see the last post was yesterday, so you may already be in labor or have had your baby (hopefully!), but just in case:
Yeah, calcium & magnesium both help with muscle & nerve function, so they help your muscles work better and actually can make the contractions less painful. Just avoid magnesium oxide because it isn't absorbed very well, so that can cause diarrhea (the better absorbed stuff like magnesium glycinate is much less likely to cause diarrhea). Red raspberry leaf tea is also great for helping your uterus have more productive contractions (it tones it, so works best if started earlier in pregnancy but may help you anyway), and it has lots of great essential minerals & vitamins to help support labor.

Sex and nipple stimulation can help produce contractions, and the prostaglandins in semen can help soften your cervix so that it dilates better. Nipple stimulation (try pumping or get hubs to do some foreplay) helps release oxytocin which helps get contractions going and start the labor cascade of hormones.

Walking, going up & down stairs, bouncing/doing pelvic tilts/just sitting on an exercise ball can all help open your pelvis so that the baby can descend & help your cervix dilate by putting pressure on it. Squats also are great for this. You can try doing some belly dancing as well; some say the original purpose of belly dancing was to prepare for labor.

And then if you are getting over-tired, that may be slowing your progress, so you may need to seemingly take a step back and make yourself get some rest. Sounds counter-productive, but if you are really tired, it may just be the thing you need to really get things going. You can try having a glass of red wine which relaxes you & your muscles, including your uterus, so you can hopefully get some sleep. Hopefully when you wake up your body will have more energy to put into going some productive contractions going!
Still no baby! :-(
I have some raspberry leaf tea, been drinking a cup a day. Just finished the first coat of paint on my sons new room. I'll so the second tomorrow.
My mother in law said to go swing, aononce it cools off a little out to the play set I will go! Haha! It's so random but I'm willing to try just about anything.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #29
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've been thinking about you today, weazieann. Sending you contraction vibes. Maybe stamp around while you are painting? Love the idea of a good long swing, too
Old 07-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #30
weazieann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGiggles View Post
I've been thinking about you today, weazieann. Sending you contraction vibes. Maybe stamp around while you are painting? Love the idea of a good long swing, too
Thanks momma! Even DS wants her here, he yelled at my belly for her to come out! Haha!
I have to do another coat of paint tomorrow so maybe then...