Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #11
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
I just answer are honestly but positively as I can. If I'm having an ok day, I'll answer "I'm feeling ok at the moment," that always make people laugh because they understand feeling horrible comes and goes. If I'm tired I say so, usually with a tired smile. I've also answered "pregnant", "I've felt better," and my favorite if I'm feeling bad is a long drawn out "Ummmmmm.........." That one works pretty well, because I'm not really complaining, but it definitely gets across the message that I'm not so great, lol. They usually just fill in the blank for me. I'm almost 18 weeks and have almost gone two weeks without puking now.
I don't honestly mind that question during the first half, because they expect negative responses. I dread hitting the third trimester because by then they. All just want to know how much longer, comment on my size, and generally express their impatience for the birth, as if they could possibly be more impatient than me! I can take sympathy, but I hate those comments toward the end!

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

Advertisement

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #12
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: "how are you doing?"

For people who genuinely cared I'd say, "Sick is just my new norm." or something like that. I hated that.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #13
mcpforever
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

"For the shape I'm in, I'm in pretty good shape."
Old 07-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #14
bazil323
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This was always the tough one to answer, and some days still is at over 24 weeks for me. I was sick pretty constantly until about 21 weeks and then off & on more mildly since then (more when I don't eat regularly enough).

I'd mostly say something like "I'm doing ok for now" or "Ehh, I've been better" usually accompanied by a half smile. If I was really feeling sick, I'd either just straight out say so or say I was busy wishing for the non-sick part of pregnancy, depending on who I was talking to. I didn't complain too much other than to DH (even then just said that I wasn't feeling good and left it at that), so I figured that if people asked the question, they will get the true answer. If they don't want to hear it, then they will hopefully learn to start asking something else.
bazil323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #15
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

"Hanging in there"