Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
jamomx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

I need corn, tomato, wheat, and soy free dinner ideas, please!

Title sums it up! There are other food intolerances we're avoiding too, but these are the big ones that's making it hard on me to come up with healthy dinner ideas that all 4 of my kids can eat (and like)!

We're getting bored with how often we are eating the things that I have on our menu now, and I'm having to cook multiple dinners a night because I'm not coming up many dinner's that accommodate everyone's diet.

Advertisement

jamomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need corn, tomato, wheat, and soy free dinner ideas, please!

I made pot roast with carrots and potatoes in the crock pot for sunday dinner that would work for you.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
jamomx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thx, that's one of the dinner's we've done often and they are getting tired of LOL. I loved it since I could save the broth and make veggie beef soup out of the leftover meat.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

We do a lot of brown-rice pasta. I like quinoa pasta too but ours has corn in it.
- Grown up Cheese and Trees: Rub asparagus with olive oil and grill it in the oven. While pasta boils, sautee sliced chicken+apple sausage. After pasta is done cooking drain all but 1/4 cup of liquid, add a little butter and a lot of goat cheese, whisk until smooth. Combine everything in a bowl.

Last night I made my favorite soup. It's a bit of prep work, but it's worth it and keeps well in the fridge and freezer. If you put it in the fridge overnight the beans and potato soak up liquid and you get a very thick stew, or you can add a little water before re-heating and basically double each portion. That equals a ton of food.
- Chop 1 bunch italian parsley, 1 small bag grated carrot, and 5-6 garlic cloves in a food processor, adding olive oil until smooth (result: trito). Sautee the trito until garlic is fragrant, then add cannelini beans (canned or previously soaked in salt for 12 hours), pancetta or sliced bacon, 3-4 whole golen potatoes, a large can of diced tomatoes, 2 cups veg or chicken stock, 1 bay leaf and lots of fresh rosemary sprigs. When the potatoes are cooked through take them out using a slotted spoon, and add rice pasta. While the pasta cooks in the soup mash up the potatoes. When the pasta is cooked turn off the heat, remove the bay leaf and rosemary sprigs, and stir in the mashed potatoes. Now your soup is thick and yummy! I finish it with some spicy crushed red pepper and pecorino cheese (in my own bowl, no hot pepper flakes for the kiddo).

ETA: Oops! didn't notice no tomato! In that case instead of the diced tomatoes you can roast some red bell peppers, then stem, seed and puree. Just increase the broth.

Last edited by Palooka; 07-22-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
jamomx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thx Palooka! All I can find is quinoa pasta with corn too, so bummed about that. Rice works though, I'll have to try that. Thx!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #6
laur318
Registered Users
seller

I think your favorite soup might become one of mine!
Motherhood is the most important profession in the world.
laur318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #7
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love homemade zuppa tuscona (olive garden knock off), It would fit your needs. Also any type of asian stir fry but you would have to use something like bragg aminos instead of soy sauce and make your stir fry / terriyaki sauces yourself.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #8
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I said the wrong brand-Bragg is soy, sorry it's gluten free. This is what I was actually thinking: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
Old 07-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #9
jamomx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thx Slimy72! I would love to make an asian stir fry but I can't seem to find a recipe for a sauce I could make. I don't mind making the sauce myself, I've been having to make everything from scratch for a couple of years now just to avoid corn (I react to just the smell of it). I can't find a terriyaki sauce recipe without soy and/or corn. I wonder if I could sub it for the coconut stuff you linked to? I'll have to look up zuppa tuscona. I tried an orange chicken recipe with frozen OJ, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, and ketchup (I left it out for those that couldn't have tomato) and the kids said it was yucky LOL. I couldn't try it (allergic to oranges) but I'll admit it did smell gross LOL

Last edited by jamomx4; 07-22-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #10
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You would just use the coconut amions in place of soy in any recipe. I agree with your kids that most orange chicken made at home I've had was gross. Also, if you go to an asian store they will have glass noodles which are made from rice and are super cheap compared to regular gluten free noodles. They also have rice paper wrappers to make an egg roll type thing. I don't know the real names I just make stuff up as I go. I just went on food.com and grabbed a recipe for sauce it looks like what I do except I don't use honey: http://www.food.com/recipe/terriyaki-sauce-436400 You could also do a curry stir fry with vegis, rice, and then drizzle a beaten egg or two in and season with curry instead of soy.

We eat a lot of rice at our house. Rice, potatoes, and sweet potatoes are my go to starches. We grill meat quite a lot and serve with side and vegi. One of our favs that we eat almost every week is Fish, sweet potato fries, and vegi (usually broccoli and cheese but whatever works). I change up the type of fish, from grilled to salmon burgers. Meat loaf is another favorite here, I use oats or GF bread crumbs as the binder. We also do a lot of meatballs, swedish meatballs, BBQ meatballs, and porcupine meatballs. We also love baked sweet potatoes with butter and cinnamon as a side. And mashed sweet potato brule off the skinny taste website.

Last edited by slimy72; 07-22-2013 at 11:26 PM.