Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:
Wil there ever be a thread

Where anyone can ask any actual REAL questions and get real answers that doesn't get locked right away because people want ANSWERS?

All these deleted and locked threads just make me feel like nobody in charge here cares in the slightest what all the people that made this site what is is think.

Advertisement

Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wil there ever be a thread

My biggest concern in all of this is coops and swaps. What a fun time that cannot function anymore with something as little as an edit button.

I don't think anyone here is going to get the answers to their questions from the people they want to.

Or the answers won't be what you want to hear.

I share your frustration.
Old 03-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #3
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Coops and swaps are still going to function. And they are actually going to be much easier now. I'm working on something and how to get it up I the next week or two.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:10 PM   #4
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

People will probably have to stop asking the same question over and over and over and over and over again and then over and over again explaining why the answer they have been given isn't the right one. I personally have seen questions asked, and answers given, but since the answer doesn't seem to be a popular one, it's dismissed as a non answer. In addition, people keep saying "it's not about the edit button" and yet the second question in Cricket's thread was all about the edit button. And then there were more posts that, instead of asking questions, just continued to try to tell the OP why her answers were not the right ones.

If someone (anyone) wants to ask a question, they should be prepared for the fact that the answer might not be one they want to hear.

The fact is, we, as members here in DS don't feel that "integrity of the thread" is a problem here on DS, but that doesn't change the fact that it IS an answer. That someone might not LIKE that answer doesn't change the fact that it IS an answer. Asking the same question over and over isn't going to change it.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:30 PM   #5
squirrelgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
People will probably have to stop asking the same question over and over and over and over and over again and then over and over again explaining why the answer they have been given isn't the right one. I personally have seen questions asked, and answers given, but since the answer doesn't seem to be a popular one, it's dismissed as a non answer. In addition, people keep saying "it's not about the edit button" and yet the second question in Cricket's thread was all about the edit button. And then there were more posts that, instead of asking questions, just continued to try to tell the OP why her answers were not the right ones.

If someone (anyone) wants to ask a question, they should be prepared for the fact that the answer might not be one they want to hear.

The fact is, we, as members here in DS don't feel that "integrity of the thread" is a problem here on DS, but that doesn't change the fact that it IS an answer. That someone might not LIKE that answer doesn't change the fact that it IS an answer. Asking the same question over and over isn't going to change it.
True statement.

Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free!
squirrelgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #6
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post

Very well said.

As more of a lurker of the years, all the post complaining about the same thing over and over again is actually more of a turn off to me than the whole situation to begin with.

It is the same thing i tell my kids. If you keep asking the same question over and over again after you dont' like my first answer tough. I am not going to change the answer in fact I will just start ignoring the question because I have already given you (referring to my kids) the answer.

Except the answers given and continue on with DS or move on.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #7
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Short answer is probably nowhere.
Edit: I do have a serious question for whomever.
All the talk about removing the edit button for thread integrity and google search (or whatever it's called): When these threads and/or posts get edited and/or go poof, isn't that worse than the occasional edit or deletion of an entire post?
Serious question.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm

Last edited by myclanof6; 03-27-2014 at 09:22 PM.
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #8
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
Coops and swaps are still going to function. And they are actually going to be much easier now. I'm working on something and how to get it up I the next week or two.
That's good news! Sorry I meant "function the same as before" but I didn't get my edit in in time.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:16 PM   #9
Belle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyful Tie Dyes View Post
Where anyone can ask any actual REAL questions and get real answers that doesn't get locked right away because people want ANSWERS?
I have come to the conclusion that the answer is no, since the questions themselves are perceived as hostility. And, no, most of them have not been actually answered with a real human answer beyond corporate policy lines. I used to answer questions from people high up the food chain for a living, and the statements given have been what they would call a deflection or non-answer.

I am sorry I bothered trying, because now it seems pretty silly.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:22 PM   #10
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

Its lovely that some of you dont want answers BUT there are those of us who have been here a LONG time who feel very disrespected with the way we are being treated. Most of us have not been rude but have long supported this site and USED to be treated as if our patronage meant more than just a dollar sign. I'd prefer not to be banned but if this post is considered a bannable offense then I guess I don't really want to be here anyway.
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote