Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #1
indigosmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nursing bra help

Where do you get your nursing bras? Or what brand do you recommend? I'm a little wary of buying online, since nothing I ever buy myself online seems to fit right, but I am completely unsatisfied with the selection at target and motherhood. I prefer no underwire, but all 3 non-underwire bras I got last time around sucked. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Old 08-21-2013, 06:38 AM   #2
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The bravado bodysilk really is nice, and because it's a stretchy style bra, the fit is easier to order online.

They are kinda pricey, but worth it imo.
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #3
mkrisel
Registered Users

I went to Nordstoms and was fitted. I payed about $60 each, but I've worn them for at least a year with each girl (2 kiddos). I'm almost at 1 year with our second, and I wore them the last month of this pregnancy and they still work great.
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Nursing bra help

BreakOut Bras is the best! They have an online store (and their retail store is local to me). My favorite was the Elle McPherson Maternelle bra. I had one in every color and I'll buy the same ones this time
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #5
Fairycat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I adore Cake Lingerie! They have the cutest bras, that last and fit great. I preferred underwire myself for support, but I accidentally bought a non-underwired bra from them and still ended up wearing it and liking it. They are expensive but I thought worth it and they have easy return policies. Break out bras was good too, but I did not like the Bravado I bought I had issues with the wires, but not an issue for you.
Fairycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
honeybeem
Registered Users
seller

Maybe not any better than MH or Target but JC Penny has some online(not sure if they are in store?) and you can always return anything you get online in store...I also tried and returned a bunch to motherhood, kept one and ended up really liking it!
honeybeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #7
onegratefulmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had one from title 9 that I love but I've lived in my glamormom tank nursing bras great discreet coverage. UM run pretty small IMO so I'd order up a size (or 2!)

ETA: corrected name of tank bra

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Last edited by onegratefulmama; 08-22-2013 at 08:33 AM.
onegratefulmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #8
rae0701
Registered Users
seller

http://www.target.com/p/basics-stell...s/-/A-14580918

This bra from Target is my favorite, and I've tried a lot. I like it because there is just a single strap when you have it unhooked and nursing, not the weird triangle piece of fabric.

Last edited by rae0701; 08-22-2013 at 07:42 AM. Reason: ETA correct link
rae0701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:17 AM   #9
indigosmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae0701

This bra from Target is my favorite, and I've tried a lot. I like it because there is just a single strap when you have it unhooked and nursing, not the weird triangle piece of fabric.
I went to Target last night (before I saw this) and bought one of these as well as a ton of nursing tanks... I'm glad to see this after my purchase. It is super comfy, hopefully it will hold up well!

I have the bravado body silk still from last time, and although it is quite pilly, it was my favorite of the 4 or 5 I tried last time (which is prob why it's so pilly, lol.)

Also got a cheapie underwire on clearance for when I am trying to get all fancy and need something a little less "full coverage". It's a Gillian O'Malley, not crazy about it, we'll see how it works when LO gets here.

Thanks for all your suggestions, ladies! I will research those brands a lil more and decide what to once LO gets here and my size evens out (I remember I fluctuated so much at the beginning last time.)
Old 08-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #10
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rae0701 View Post

Wow, that looks very similar to the bodysilk!
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote