Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2013, 12:09 PM   #1
tink90
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wink Sure, I'll stir the PB pot.....

Have you guys read anything about peanut oil being a hidden ingredient in vaccines and that's what is causing all of these horrible peanut allergies?

Anyone have a child with a severe peanut allergy that was NOT vaccinated?

Just something to think about....

Advertisement

*.~.~.*Petalheads*.~.~.*
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1484149
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Petal...61515813886015
tink90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #2
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Sure, I'll stir the PB pot.....

If I see one more thread about peanut allergies, I am taking myself off of ds!

Not really...this will be interesting though. I have been reading up a little on food allergies because my good friend swears her son is allergic to milk and makes everyone around her crazy because she is so obsessive about it. BUT, she breast feeds him and has never cut out milk or dairy from her diet?

Anyway, from what I have read it seems that some researchers are looking into the possibility that delaying the exposure to babies has a strong correlation to the increase in allergies IN GENERAL. My ped actually recommended that I give my 6 month old pb for this exact reason. I didn't because I was too scared, but it's interesting that the recommendation to delay the introduction of the big 8 until after 1 highly corresponds to the increase in cases of peanut, egg, etc allergies.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #3
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Did not here this but very interesting.

I know older people with nut allergies but it is insane how many you g children have them. It's a scary allergy
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
Celeste
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

In my personal experience, the kids with severe food allergies were mostly formula fed as babies. But then again, I do have a friend who breasted all her kids, and they are still allergic - not deathly allergic, more like multiple food intolerances. She did change her diet while bfing. Pretty much all she ate was chicken, sweet potatoes, and brown rice. Her kids are not vaccinated, but still have intolerances/allergies.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
There really is no known cause for WHY a person can have allergies, though I have read it is something about the roasting process? My kiddo was exclusively BF'ed until he was a few months old (and probably only had 10 bottles of formula in his life) but still has multiple allergies. I have a big feeling that it has a lot to do with our own maternal health and how much processed/GMO foods we have consumed in our lifetime. Many countries do not have nearly as many allergies as ours, and also do not consume/highly limit the Processed & GMO foods.
ETA:
I should also add that I have read that if you get your child skin tested for allergies NOT to get the peanut price, because somehow exposure like that instead of actually ingesting it can cause the allergy. I am really not sure I believe that, and in DS2's situation he's allergic to multiple nuts, so I can't really get behind that.
E-2.1.14

Last edited by mrseum; 08-31-2013 at 12:52 PM.
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASahm View Post
Not really...this will be interesting though. I have been reading up a little on food allergies because my good friend swears her son is allergic to milk and makes everyone around her crazy because she is so obsessive about it. BUT, she breast feeds him and has never cut out milk or dairy from her diet?

Anyway, from what I have read it seems that some researchers are looking into the possibility that delaying the exposure to babies has a strong correlation to the increase in allergies IN GENERAL. My ped actually recommended that I give my 6 month old pb for this exact reason. I didn't because I was too scared, but it's interesting that the recommendation to delay the introduction of the big 8 until after 1 highly corresponds to the increase in cases of peanut, egg, etc allergies.
Some kids can tolerate an allergen through breast milk. It depends on the child, the severity of the allergy and who knows what else. Very little is actually known about allergies. And for some reason food allergies are way more individualized then most other illness/diseases/special needs. There is no one size fits all or even once size fits most when it comes to food allergies. Statistically speaking its the one area where a lot of docs can no confidently say xyz because every person is so different. The only thing that most of them agree on is that there does seem to be a genetic factor. Parents with allergies (any allergy and any severity) have a slightly higher risk (and it really is only slightly higher) of having a child with allergies (again any allergy and any severity- they don't usually correspond).

The age thing again there is research in that supports each side. The recommendations to wait though actually has nothing to do with preventing allergies. The recommendation is made in case of an ANA reaction. The older the child, the more mature the airways and the better chance of survival. Its much harder to treat an infant in ANA than it is an older child.

For the oil- there are a few studies (they don't have enough subjects involved for me to trust in them though) that say highly refined peanut oil maybe safe for peanut allergic people. I guess enough of the protein has been destroyed. but gourmet, organic, non-refined peanut oil is not safe. I imagine any vax with peanut oil would be the highly refined kind, if for no other reason than its cheaper.

There are a lot of factors that I think contribute to the increase. The main one being globalization. Peanuts and peanut butter weren't a household name in the US until the 70's. The main introduction being during WWII, but not becoming really popular until the 70's. You now have a population who genetically have never been exposed to peanuts being exposed to peanuts. There are more cases of lactose intolerance- why? Because you have whole ethnic groups who traditionally don't eat dairy now trying to eat dairy because its readily available or part of a more western diet that they want to emulate.

Last edited by jbug_4; 08-31-2013 at 01:10 PM.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
In my personal experience, the kids with severe food allergies were mostly formula fed as babies. But then again, I do have a friend who breasted all her kids, and they are still allergic - not deathly allergic, more like multiple food intolerances. She did change her diet while bfing. Pretty much all she ate was chicken, sweet potatoes, and brown rice. Her kids are not vaccinated, but still have intolerances/allergies.
The 3 kids I know with food allergies were breastfed. 2 of them were so severe they had to be weaned to hypoallergenic formula.

I also believe the new research is showing lack of exposure as a potential correlation to increased allergy rates. Countries that rely heavily on peanut products as a source of protein have a lower allergy rate. I don't know how much they have looked into that being exposure building tolerance vs. the idea that the allergy bearers didn't survive.

I know there are new allergy treatments involving controlled exposure to increasing amounts of the allergen to desensitize people.

Personally from the limited amount I know of allergies, I don't find the claim of PB oil in vaccines causing allergies terribly credible right now. Seems like more scare tactics to me, which both sides are guilty of.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink90 View Post
Have you guys read anything about peanut oil being a hidden ingredient in vaccines and that's what is causing all of these horrible peanut allergies?

Anyone have a child with a severe peanut allergy that was NOT vaccinated?

Just something to think about....
My kids are fully vaccinated (delayed but eventually fully) I'm fully vaccinated by brothers 5 kids are fully my vaccinated the 10 kids between my inlaws kids are fully vaccinated etc and we have zero peanut allergies amoung us.
I have known many many many kids with peanut allegies whose parents do not vaccinate at all. Ive known many kids with peanut allergies who did etc.. I think their are many valid reasons to choose not to vaccinate this however I don't see.

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #9
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm mom to 4 kids who all have allergies. My youngest, my son has by far the worse allergies of all of them and that includes a nut allergy. His allergies are to the extent that he is unable to eat food, any food. He has other medical problems as well but he lives on an amino acid based medical food, Neocate Jr. He has problems with medications since he reacts to the flavors and the dyes. He reacts to everything and then some.

He has had only a few vaccines since he reacted to those, too. If you go to the CDC's website, they list all the inactive ingredients in all the vaccines. Most all of them contain things like antibiotics, eggs, chicken, pork and beef so for someone who is very allergic to food or the antibiotics, they will react to the vaccines. Many medications have inactive ingredients that are not food allergy friendly. About 75% of tablet medications have lactose in them. Again many won't react but if you have more severe allergies, you might like we do.

My kids all have had different degrees of vaccines and I didn't see a difference allergy wise. My oldest was fully vaccinated on time and had a really bad dairy allergy until she was about 5. My middle 2 girls were vaccinated on a delayed schedule (that the pedi dr suggested) and both had bad dairy & soy allergies that they outgrew. And then my youngest with the worst allergies and the least shots. Honestly, I don't think it's related. In our family, I have very severe allergies, my mom has severe allergies, my great-grandmother had food allergies, too. For us, it's just a long family history of allergies.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:21 PM   #10
jasminegrl
Registered Users

I don't think they are related, my son has had no vaccines and has both a dairy allergy and peanut allergy. We have no family history of allergies though, i BF for roughly 19/20 months, his allergies kind of caught us off guard.