Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #11
Bhavana
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Sure, I'll stir the PB pot.....

Does India count as a peanutty country??? We use peanut oil extensively. I havent heard/read of any Indian kid with peanut allergy. (Im sure there are cases, but the nos arent large enough to garner attention)

In the days gone by-like even 30y ago- you'd have these oils mills all over the cities called 'gani' where a mule/cow was used *umm..sssooo lost for words here* to carry a wooden apparatus round and round the 'ganis' to grind peanuts and peanut oil was filtered out.

My mom used to go with steel canisters and peanuts our farming relatives would give(yeah, you could go in with your own variety of peanuts/buy what the mill owner had) and come back with fresh peanut oil. No refining, no additives. It smelled wonderful.

All that went out of business when they industrialised and began packaging/extending shelf life and refined oils became the new buzzword to tackle heart attacks! My mom uses refined sunflower oil because it is the most heart healthy according to adverts. Thousands of people buy that BS. Refined oils are the norm.

Im I think the weird one here. I dont buy any refined oils as I read long ago that refining removes important trace minerals. I use mustard, peanut and coconut oils. (My US aunt was like "Oh c'mon, you are going to get heart problems if u use coconut oil that much" I wish she could read threads from a new coconut oil convert once every 2mos on DS wanting to know about the benefits of CO!)

Funny how the world works. Modernization, back to old times, and then people like us trying to find a foothold amongst all the lies.

I went so OT.

Advertisement

Old 09-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #12
Bhavana
Registered Users

My Mood:

dp

Last edited by Bhavana; 09-01-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Bhavana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #13
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think allergies are related to vaccines. Haven't you noticed a huge rise in peanut allergies since the 90's in the US ? Wonder why it's not happening in other countries? The use of GMO's has been a huge factor in allergies in children.

Here's a pretty scary video on the topic.

http:// http://eatlocalgrown.com/video/11895-kids-food-allergies-gmos.html
Old 09-01-2013, 09:43 AM   #14
misskira
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

My Mood:

I also am inclined to believe it has more to do with GMO and weird food breeding. Look at all the gluten intolerance in the US... European countries aren't experiencing it like we are, because their flours are so incredibly different than ours.
misskira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #15
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

None of my kids have known allergies. There is a history of allergies on DH's side, but as far as we have seen my kids have had little to no reactions to anything.

DD1 did have a small contact allergy to HFCS in candies and such, but outgrew it. It was extremely mild

DD2 has always had a slight contact allergy to ranch dressing. Ranch dip is ok, anything with ranch dressing mix powder is ok, but ranch dressing leaves her red where it touches her skin. It's extremely mild but she hasn't outgrown it yet.

DD3 has no known allergies, but doesn't eat many foods to be able to tell. She does eat peanut butter so no allergy there.

The baby hasn't shown any reactions so far.

All 4 kids have been fully vaxed. DD1 was fully formula fed from day one. DD2 was EBF'd for a few months, then BF and formula, then all formula around 5 months. DD3 was fully EBFd to a year (ish) and DS was EBFd for 4 months, now on all formula.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #16
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

If that is the case, that is so sad!
Old 09-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #17
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

none of my kids are vaccinated and several have allergies. I also got allergies AFTER having kids but only hayfever prior.
One child is deathly allergic to most tree nuts so hers were not caused by vaccines BUT i ate a ton of nuts while pregnant and nursing. she never had a drop of formula- well none of my kids ever had any formula.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

My baby is mostly unvaccinated and has had severe allergies.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #19
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

My cousin has never received any vaccinations and was breastfed and she has developed several severe allergies to a number of thing, don't know if peanuts is one of them.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
HugeBabyBoy
Registered Users
seller

I'm the 4th generation allergic to penicillin, molds and mushrooms. My parents move here in the 70s from Ireland. So, in my case, this is an inherited family trait (affecting 30% of my dad's side)... And long before GMO. Some of us have an anaphylactic reaction others a moderate reaction.

Interestingly, those who we physically resemble seem to carry the same issues. (There are 9 or more children in each of these generations.) As in, I am a the spitting image of 1 of my aunts, so much so that we're confused in pictures if you're father then 2-3 feet away... Um, even I've done it! And I have the very likeness of her mother, down to mannerisms. What i note from this near identical likeness is that we all suffer from the same things... The fungi allergy, food & plant allergies, trigeminal neuralgia, and specific gene mutations. It's unbelievably unreal!!

Others in the family with likenesses are allergic to the same foods, have Celiac or the same form of cancers.

Maybe because there are so many of us (and know the family history), we see these as gene issues. Whereas in smaller families, or ones bearing little resemblance, people don't see the same pattern because the pool of comparison isn't present.
HugeBabyBoy is online now   Reply With Quote