Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #21
jessd32003
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nada87
Please update once you get the second opinion mama!
Oh, I definitely will!!! We go Wednesday late morning. However, we won't get home until evening because I didn't want to drive in Chicago (not familiar with the area), so we are Amtrak-ing it. Lol. Don't think it'll be too hard to kill time downtown with a 13 yr old

Advertisement

Last edited by jessd32003; 09-01-2013 at 06:35 AM.
jessd32003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #22
Newton
Registered Users

Re: Any Nurses or Dr's?? Please help!

I would definately get a second opinion. You have given this ample time and 2 surgeries and many reasonable and unfulfilled requests at this time. Good luck!
Old 09-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #23
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Overreacting? No. If anything, the doctor has been under-reacting. Fingers crossed for a second opinion that gives good results!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #24
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

Will be thinking of you, mama! I would do the exact same thing. Clearly something is wrong if it isn't healing in the time expected. You and your daughter have the right to answers. I can't imagine being 13 and dealing with this (being that age is hard enough without having to pack your belly button with gauze!)

We live outside Chicago and I would be traveling into the city to get the care we needed if I wasn't getting answers at my local hospital.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:45 PM   #25
PailPowder
Registered Users
Formerly: tina041077
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hum Bums View Post
Subbing for updates!
Me too. I am no help but I am curious to see how it all turns out. Hoping they have some answers for you and your dd. Poor kid. How scary and uncomfortable that must be for her
Old 09-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #26
Liliya's Mommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blesdfish View Post
My mom is a nurse at a VA near you, she says the same things
Eta: she says they don't know what they're doing.
Where does your mom work? We go to the one in Prescott when the outpatient clinic can't take care of xyz.

Sorry for the hijack *ducks*
Liliya's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #27
vonnief
Registered Users
seller

Also subbing for update!! I would be just as frustrated and looking for answers too. A second op is not uncalled for at this point. I would be afraid of the infection spreading and becoming worse. I hope you can get some answers on Wednesday!
Old 09-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #28
~KittyKat~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You are an awesome Mom for taking her somewhere else! Worst case scenario they say the same thing and then your mind is at ease. But you are doing everything you can to help your DD and that is commendable. Totally a different medical issue, but my son needs to have tubes in his ears because of moderate to severe hearing loss in his ears because of fluid build up due to his cleft palate. We take him to Shriner's in Chicago and after being told by the audiologist that it can't wait, the ENT there looked at the report and said he can wait till his palate repair at 9 months. I questioned this after seeing the results and brought him to another ENT locally and she said if we wait any longer he will be in middle school by the time he catches up to his peers on speech and language development. Dr's are humans and while they may be trained professionals they can't possibly know EVERYTHING and sometimes can make a bad call. Trust your gut Mama!!
~KittyKat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #29
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Poor sweetie . Once you get some answers (I would get third, fourth..as many opinions as it takes til she is better!), please write a letter to the initial surgeon with what the issue really was and also that he's a douche nozzle.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #30
jessd32003
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma
Poor sweetie . Once you get some answers (I would get third, fourth..as many opinions as it takes til she is better!), please write a letter to the initial surgeon with what the issue really was and also that he's a douche nozzle.
Douche nozzle......haha. That totally just made me laugh.