Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
katie_miami
Registered Users

My Mood:
trying for #2

our first born is almost 3. we will be trying for number 2 soon.
i hope we didn't space them too far apart.

Advertisement

katie_miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
MsBurrows
Registered Users
seller

Re: trying for #2

I've got two that are 4 years apart, and they play pretty well together. It did take a while, but it happened. Closer together has it's advantages, but so does farther apart. My first two are not quite two years apart, and I thought that would be too close, and it wasn't. I thought 4 years between my 2nd and 3rd was too far, and it wasn't either. My last baby is going to be almost 3 years younger than my current youngest. I haven't had this age gap before. Should be interesting.

http://heathenhomesteader.com/
MsBurrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #3
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
No such thing as too far. Too close maybe, but not too far. sending baby dust your way!
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
Resellmybelle
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Grand Prairie, TX 75052 If I owe you feedback, please PM me a reminder!
My Mood:

We are going to ttc beginning this month. Our dd is 14, I think you'll be just fine! :-)

So excited for y'all and good luck!
Old 09-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

My friend with five says less than 18 months apart is good and three or more years apart is good, but in between is tricky. You're good.

My DDs are almost exactly three years apart.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
ktarsha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really wanted mine to be close together, but ended up with two boys who are not quite 5 years apart. The older one has loved "our baby" from day one, and has been a big help in entertaining the younger one or getting things for me when I was recovering from the c-section.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:53 AM   #7
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

My 2 are 4.5 years apart. We didn't plan it that way, we started trying right when the older one turned 2, but things happened. It turned out fantastic. The girls play together and love on one another, the older one can entertain herself while I tend the younger one. I could even put out breakfast items and set up the TV for the oldest one on those nights where the baby kept me up all night, and she would have her breakfast and watch TV for a good hour or two and let me doze before she got bored and came to find me.

Now, she's nearly 6 and started Grade 1 today, the youngest one is 16 months and napping, so mommy gets some computer time. Yay!
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Mine are 18 months apart and I love it. A friend of ours, their dd was just turning 3 when they had #2. They said it was hard to go back to diapers and sleepless night, but it's also nice that the older one is more independent.
Our ds was a kinda surprise (knew I could get pregnant but didn't expect it due to fertility problems with #1) but my dd has no jealousy against the baby at all. It's chaotic but fun. I've read that 2 years apart is the worst for jealousy.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys
chandni3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

I have them spaced WAY out (11 yrs between 1 and 2) and really close (15 mos between 2 and 3). I like the higher spacing. The 2 close in age do nothing but fight. They drive us nuts both day and night. If I had to do over again, I would have waited 3-5 yrs before having another. Since I was deemed infertile, I just assumed I did not need birth control. I guess they were wrong that my PCOS would lead to total infertility.

I am grateful for my children, but I can say that the constant fighting and same age stages are more than I can deal with some days. I like them being in different phases of life stage.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #10
gehagge
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandni3 View Post
Mine are 18 months apart and I love it. A friend of ours, their dd was just turning 3 when they had #2. They said it was hard to go back to diapers and sleepless night, but it's also nice that the older one is more independent.
Our ds was a kinda surprise (knew I could get pregnant but didn't expect it due to fertility problems with #1) but my dd has no jealousy against the baby at all. It's chaotic but fun. I've read that 2 years apart is the worst for jealousy.
This is funny because I have had the opposite experience with jealousy. Friends of ours had their two girls 3 years apart and ours are 2 years apart. The friends had a ton more problems with jealousy than we have. I'm sure it depends on the child. My ODD has had jealousy issues some, but no big problems. It was the worst when I was in the hospital, but I think that was just traumatic for a 2 year old, when Mom has never been away from her for more than a day.

ETA: My brother and I are 4 years apart. If we hadn't waited so long to have kids, I would have waited longer to have a second child. We get along really well now. I drove him nuts when we were younger though because I wanted to be so much like him. He LOVED me as a baby though...my mom said he was way more excited about me coming home than he was about his mom coming home.

Last edited by gehagge; 09-03-2013 at 02:04 PM.
gehagge is offline   Reply With Quote